A310 causing major issues on xbox

Here at my house, I’ve been saying to my better half that I’ve been waiting for this WASM implementation for Xbox to decide if I build a PC.

I truly hope these aircraft are going to be good on Xbox. I look to the A310 as inspiration. I’ve been very impressed by it and I don’t need a modeled cabin to enjoy it. The DC-6 and 737 cabins are nothing to look at on PC, either.

Anyhow, if the WASM aircraft can’t be done well on Xbox that’s going to push me towards a new PC build.

3 Likes

Same. SU12 is the most important update for Xbox since launch. If it’s not delivering (dumbed down 3rd party WASM) aircraft) I already have cash reserved for a PC build.

But let’s not get ahead of things, let’s just wait and see over the coming weeks and months.

2 Likes

For sure! I’m keeping the faith.

2 Likes

From my understanding that will happen anyway. “Dumbed down” is maybe not the right word but “reduced” for sure. For example as far as I remember RSR said that their tablet wouldn’t come to XBox, at least not with all of its PC functionality. XBox remains a locked up system with disadvantages compared to a PC. Devs and users will have to live with it.

2 Likes

Tablets with full functionality etc are the cherry on the pie for me personally… So yeah🤔

1 Like

The lack of an UFT that communicates with the “outside world” is definitely not a cause for concern, for me.

I’m talking about the aircraft system’s fidelity and cockpit appearance. I also want access to all of PMDG’s liveries.

95% of us Xbox users have accepted the inabilities of the Xbox to allow outside connections.

1 Like

This is true. No tablet at all is a definite no-go for me. I could live with some reduced functionality…LVFR is going to implement some sort of tablet with their upcoming A320 CEO, I curious to see what sort of functionality it will bring. Pretty basic I guess, but it’s a start.

1 Like

I don’t know if you know this, but the 737s do not have a tablet, currently. All of the customization and interfacing with Simbrief, etc. are done via the FMS.

The tablet is a major work in progress and will be implemented (for sure on PC) in the future.

1 Like

Thx, I wasn’t aware of that👍

1 Like

“Dumbed down” isn’t as bad as we make it to be.
A few points:

1. Prior to this beta, the A310 performed fine, even on my Series S.
  2. It is agreed upon that the 737 performs better than the A310.
  3. PMDG wouldn’t dumb down system functionality, except maybe the UFT.
  4. If performance issues exist, they’ll remove the cabin.

I am fully confident that the A310 issues are a result of this beta. My personal recommendation: don’t use handcrafted airports on the S. However, even default airports have this issue right now. My two best guesses are either an issue with an A310 livery pack, or the increased amount of new online traffic.

3 Likes

So much reasonable thought in a post!

There ought to be an award presented.

:1st_place_medal:

3 Likes

Yep…could be.

I have to agree. This update is going to be the most important one yet and I’ve heard elsewhere that it will be the tipping point to either stay or go.

3 Likes

Few days ago I tried MAD-LEJ both default, it CTD while I was taxiing out of MAD. Something to take into account is that I fly all the time offline, so I’m pretty sure that it has something related to the aircraft itself.

Aircraft/sim bad optimization. AI traffic doesn’t help though.