A310 not following flight plan

Hi,

Did enyone experianced A310 not following the flight plan after SID?
I’m importing simbrief flight plan from the ACARS menu, no issues with that. Adding only the approch in the FMC then taking off with NAV and Profile activated. Initialy after activating AP and A/THR all seem fine and the aircraft will follow the SID but once it gets to the first flight plan leg it will keep flying stright and will not follow the other legs of the flight plan.
A/P configuration was not changed and I see all the legs in the FMC/F-PLN screen so I don’t understand what went wrong. Any ideas?

A discontinuity would do that, is there one that hasn’t been cleared?

Check that there is no discontinuity in the flight plan. If so, delete it. I had a similar problem with enabled assists. The only assist that does not cause problems with this aircraft is the auto rudder. All others cause this type of bug you mentioned.

1 Like

Thanks, i’m familiar with discontinuities but there were none that I didn’t take care of in my fight plans. I’ll try removing some assists, the last update seem to activate all of them. I already removed some but not all. Thanks for the advise.

Hi Angus, you were on spot. The issue was with the assists. Removed them and now all works fine.
Thanks again :grinning:

3 Likes

Glad it resolved! May you have great flights! :smiley:

I am having a similar problem. During take off I noticed the flaps moving from 15/15 to 15/0. This was a command that was not initiated by me. While this change was noticeable on the cockpit indicator the flaps lever did not move. As soon as the airplane was airborne that indicator was showing the flaps moving back to 15/15. The autopilot was engaged properly and then the plane followed its path for almost 60% of the flight. Then with no warning it stopped following the flight plan and auto pilot got disconnected. Profile and Nav were engaged and even trying the “Direct to” feature as I was trying to set the plane back on track I was not able to fix this. Meaning the plane was moving to the new waypoint as set by the “Direct to” just to veer off its course again. Also since this behaviour started, I noticed the plane would not follow the set altitude.

Did another flight test today and the same issue. This time shorty after reaching top of climb the auto pilot got disconnected. All attempts to engage it back on did not work out. Trying heading select to put the plane back on track did not work either. To fix this issue I tried to set to off in Assistance mode piloting auto rudder, assisted yoke, ai auto trim and assisted controller sensitivity. No luck either. I am playing this game on PC and using an Xbox controller that was set to default. No add are installed.

Appreciate any ideas. I also emailed inibuilds but they did not repy

This does seem like an AI issue.
Check these settings:
From the Assistance Options, uncheck all the Piloting Assistance options (turn Piloting to hard).
As well, under User Experience, turn AI Piloting in Cursor Mode off.

From the On Screen toolbar, ensure that AI Piloting is off ( it should be if you have done the above, but confirm that it is).

See if this helps.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you very much for the taking the time to reply to my enquiry. For sure there is a major improvement meaning the flaps/slats do not move anymore while taking off from the runway and in the 2 test flights that I have done i noticed the plane stays the course and does not deviate. One little quirk I noticed while on approach with glide slope and localizer both locked in, when I disconect the autothrust the plane is doing 2 things: tends to pitch up and always the manual throttle control does not seem to be linear. Meaning I move the throtthe just a bit up or down trying to keep Vapproach speed constant but the throttles seems to be moving very aggresive. Any ideas?

Thanks

Have you calibrated the throttles in the settings of the A310 EFB?
That would cause the response issue, and may be related to the pitch one as well.
If you already have, you could experiment with the controller sensitivities in the sim Controls Options.
If the pitch issue isn’t solved with a throttle calibration, have you filled out the weights and speeds sections in the EFB and in the CDU?