A310 wont follow flight plan

I cannot get the A310 to follow the flight plan. When i hit NAV the airplane always turns around to heading 360/000. Yes all of my assists are off. Ive looked everywhere. Watched the tutorials etc. Nav switches set to NAV. No discontinuities in flight plan. Have tried entering flight plan manually as well as simbrief import. Heading bug works fine and will track that.

Hi @analogsith, I’ve moved your thread into #community-support:aviate-navigate-communicate which is more appropriate :+1:

Be sure gps is on. If still flying back try direct to first waypoint then it will finish flight plan. Had same problem may be bug

Yes GPS is switched on. Have tried direct to with different flight plans and way points.

Have you tried a flight with auto checklist completion from cold & dark? I’ve never had an issue when doing that. If I do have an issue it’s normally because I’ve tried to go manual and stuffed something up…

I havnt tried that but I don’t like to have anything done automatically or with any assists. I should be able to use this plane like any other.

Why don’t you try it? Just to see if it actually works, because if it does, you must be missing something in the checklists. If it doesn’t, you might have some weird compatability issue through an add-on.

I’ll give it a shot. Thank you

It may not be an issue with the A310 at all. Try increasing your deadzones. What peripherals are you using?

I’m using Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo and Thrustmaster TCA joystick and rudder pedals. I’ve never adjusted the deadzones I don’t believe.

Increase your deadzones. I had the same problem and the plane would refuse to track the flight director. Once that was addressed, I had no further issues. I don’t believe it’s the plane at all.

I had the same problem. It’s a binding issue with your Bravo. Change the selecter knob from alt/hdg/ down to crs or the very bottom option ias maybe. That should fixx it!

EDIT: This was my issue in the Salty 747 not the a310 but I’m willing to bet it’s something similar. That heading/alt/vs/crs/ias knob can interfere.

Thank you all for the recommendations. Jonny you are a genius. I did what you said and cleared out the button assignments for the knobs and it works now! I’ve been going crazy trying to figure it out. Thank you thank you!

1 Like

Great. Keep it in mind because It may effect other aircraft in the future. Like I said, same with the salty 747.

But I didn’t need to unassign the controls just turn it to crs or ias and it no longer interfered.

But we may of already had different assignments.

EDIT: Mark this as the solution to help others if that’s still a thing.

How do I do that ? It’s tough because this affects only the group with the exact peripherals that happen to fly this plane. But yeah I hope this helps anyone in this situation.

If there’s no option under my post then it may have been removed when they changed up the forum. No worries.

Please, can you tell me which buttons did you cleared out. Thank you

Clear out any assignments you have to the knobs on the Bravo.