A320 FBW Feb 2022

What is the deal with this a/c right now? Is it working under SU7? What version should I be downloading? I see it is for download in the Market, and there is also the website that has the installer. Which is the best version to use with this? (assuming it is working right now).

So many questions…answer is simple.

Avoid the marketplace at all costs - use the installer.

Look here:

4 Likes

Working great.

Don’t download in the marketplace, that one doesn’t work.

Use the installer.

I’m playing on the Development version and it’s going fine now.

2 Likes

Most posts elude to using the Developer Version (from the installer). FBW announced quite sometime ago it was pulling out of the Marketplace so that one would not be functional.

1 Like

Most certainly working, but as mentioned do not use the marketplace version.
It is no longer supported, and will cause issues.
Personally, I prefer the experimental version.
It has much more realistic flight operation, and little of the default MSFS A320.

2 Likes

Use the Dev version, I tried the Experimental version from the installer yesterday and the throttle mapping wouldn’t work correctly, reinstalled the Dev version and throttles work perfectly, so there is a bug currently with the Experimental version

Thanks, guys. On it.

I used it yesterday and again this AM, no issues.
Do you have the latest?

I believe you may have to remap if you change versions.

2 Likes

Downloading now…

1 Like

I had the latest version and no you’ve never had to remap, but remapping wasn’t working the exp version wasn’t calibrating or picking up the correct throttle positions. Switched to the dev version and everything was working just fine. Maybe the exp version works now they update it so often

I believe you should actively delete the FBW A320 from the Marketplace, as well as the Asobo A320. Then install the FBW version of your choice from the FBW site.

I’ve not had a problem with the throttle mapping in the exp version until the last time I switched versions, and its not too often I change.
When I went back to the experimental a couple days later, I had to recalibrate.
I thought it was just something new, as I never did in the past.
The exp version works quite well for me, but I did have one instance of the MCDU shutting down when I tried to enter some data in flight last evening.

Is VNAV enabled in Experimental yet? Curious to try RNAV/RNP approaches but I don’t think that will work until VNAV is implemented.

No, still not completely.
It does respect climb and descent constraints very well now, but still does not calculate ToC or ToD yet.
My understanding is probably as yours, without a ToD, you can’t do an Rnav approach.

So I know the FBW A320 has made tremendous progress over the last 1.5 years. About 6 months ago, I asked a certified A320 pilot what he/she would rate the FBW A320, on a scale of 10, of how “study level” the FBW A320 was. 6 months ago, this certified A320 said the FBW A320 was about 6/10 in terms of how “study level” it was.

Fast forward to today, and I read a comment somewhere recently (can’t remember the exact forum) that said the FBW A320 is approaching Zibo level. The Zibo is probably considered “study level.” I was surprised to read this comment, since I know there is still a lot of work that needs to be done on the FBW A320.

Anyways, if “study level” is 10/10, such as a PMDG plane or Zibo plane, how close is the FBW A320 to “study level”? Is it 70% there yet, that is 7/10? Is it 80% there yet, that is 8/10?

1 Like

Doesd it matter? It’s free, so why don’t you try it and you can reach your own conclusion. This is a very subjective question.

I can’t make this determination since I’m not a certified A320 pilot, nor do I have the knowledge of A320 systems to even make such a judgement. I do have the FBW A320 anyways, just an older version.

I’m sure some people with very in depth knowledge of A320 systems here (doesn’t need to be a certified A320 pilot) could roughly give me and idea of how advanced it is. I’m just curious where it is now and how much further it needs to go.

My point was that there is no point to the answer of this question. What will you do differently if I said 10/10 or 5/10 (and I’m not a pilot either and wouldn’t be able to judge something as subjective as “study level” anyway as there is no clear definition)?

There will probably never be an end, until the actual aircraft has been built

Yup, it is a subjective term. Hence I used a PMDG airliner or Zibo as a reference for “study level.” I’m sure if a PMDG airliner or Zibo is used as a reference, an approximate comparison can be made to how advanced the FBW A320 is, albeit PMDG airliners and the Zibo are a Boeing plane.

I keep coming back to “why”?