A320 MCDU Premium Deluxe edition Not in Database MCDU errors

After update 1.9.5 Premium Deluxe users are reporting Not in Database errors in the A320 MCDU for many airports. This only appears to impact Premium Deluxe users, users of other editions are reporting normal function.

Airports reported in other threads so far
EDDF
EDDL
EDDW
EGLL
EKCH
KATL
KDEN
KJFK
KLAX
KPHX
KSFO
KSNA
LIMJ

If you are experiencing this issue with other airports pleae let me know and I’ll update this list.

Hi,

I also have the same problem as you (Premium deluxe user) , when I try to introduce the ORIGIN/ARRIVAL it doesn ´t work is not reflected in the mcdu and if you press the ORIGIN or ARRIVAL button says Not in Database, same in the 787 and 747…, i can introduce the qnh or vspeeds and thats all…but it happens with all the airports…

Regards

I too have this issue. Multiple airports including EGLL and LIMJ. Also a premium deluxe user.

My sense is that it throws the error on the destination airport. So I spawn at an airport gate, but I don’t select a destination. I then go to the MCDU to put manually enter the flight details and then I get the not in database error.

I might try entering it into the world map first.

Also, the flight plan kept adding a strange waypoint: NOTIN.

Same here. I have no mods. No liveries.

I’ve tried deleting and re-installing the aircraft in the Content Manager.

REALLY frustrating.

1 Like

So looks like it’s happening on different airplanes.

In addition to A320, 747, 787; this is also happening in the TBM 930. I agree that this is quite frustrating since it was working just a few days ago…

I"m getting these error in the A320 v0.4

One thing to be aware of in the A320: there are now messages that show up in the MCDU scratch pad and get treated as if you were trying to add waypoints when you are working in the flight plan page. For example, if you click on the destination in order to add the approach, but there is a “NOT IN DATABASE” message (or some other message) in the scratch pad, the MCDU will think you are trying to add the message as a waypoint and will give you the insert/delete options (followed by NOT IN DATABASE) instead of bringing up the approach page. You can work around this by clearing the scratch pad before trying to do anything. KSFO is definitely missing in Premium-Deluxe, but I haven’t encountered any other problem airports in North America (at least after realizing what was going on with the scratch pad).

I got this problem too for EDDF and EDDW

I wrote the FlyByWire Community if someone knows how to workaround this. I havent tried it yet, but the solution might be

• At F-PLN page press CLR several times to clear the mcdu/fmgs input field from information like „no gps signal“ and click at you flightplan airports after that again*

also as
geoffda told you before

I have the same Problem, cant put any in the FMC in A320 Boeing 747 and on the Mfd no map is shown, and the VFR Map doesnt work, only showing the start Airport on very close sight

regards diddep

I tried clearing several times – particularly the GPS Primary message. That did seem to fix it. Also, after a lot of testing, I only got the error in the A32NX. I have Navigraph too, and it that didn’t seem to make a difference.

Short answer: clearing a few times seems to help.

1 Like

I have the same problem on 787 and 320. KSFO are not in database. During 1.9.5 update, I noticed that they updated the scenery package for KSFO. They probably screw up the navdata there.

1 Like

I tried other airports, such as KSAN/KLAS. it works fine. MSFS really screws us up

I didn’t try these other airports, but KSFO missing flight plan issue also occurs in the Longitude and C4J.

1 Like

I have the same problem A320 and A320mod, no flight plan from KLAX to KSFO. With every update there are new bugs, it’s getting really annoying and my patience is soon limited. :frowning:

Same problem here. KSFO was in my flight plan today, one of my favorite airports. Ironically my using MSFS 2020 is now dominated by me searching for workarounds for a software program I paid a handsome sum. Very frustrating. Let’s get the Pros From Dover in here to straighten this mess and send the junior varsity back to the bench. Please!

1 Like

I am relegated to flying to just to the handcrafted airports and whichever sceneries I have purchased as the default airports are so terrible. I don’t expect them to be payware quality, but I never know what I will get when I load into a new airport as far as trees in the middle of the apron go, cars on taxiways, jetways in the middle of a taxiway or not attached to anything at all. What sucks is that I usually just fly on the West Coast so this really impacts me. Couple that with the fact that there will be no hotfix and we will have to wait weeks for a patch, just really sours my view on this sim even more.

I have never loved and hated a sim as much as this one. It looks absolutely stunning, I just don’t like to invest time in flight planning and flying a plane across the country for the sim to decide it just doesn’t want to work that second and screw up what is supposed to be a relaxing experience for me. Every flight, I’m on edge and hyper vigilant that a bug could pop up at any time. For example, I spent 7 minutes aligning IRs and preparing a flight from Norway to Finland, just for me to hit Shift P to pushback and the sim crashed! I mean come on! That was like 15 minutes prep time wasted, just thrown away…

Come on Asobo, step up and fix this without making your customers wait for weeks. This is something that needs to be resolved asap, even if it just means rolling back to the previous WORKING navdata.

Bonjour, même problème sur le MCDU A320néo après avoir installé la mise à jour et A32NX. Impossible de mettre le FROM/TO toutes d’destination.

EKCH also affected.

What I tried and did not work:
KLAX
KSFO
KJFK
KPHX
KATL
KDEN
EDDL

KSEA and EIDW did work though

a very serious bug introduced in the new patch