A320 swaying left and right

I haven’t had this issue right up until latest patch, but now it sways for me too.

Idem pour moi depuis la mise a jour…

same issue its so anoying

Is this still not in the “known issue” list ?

Hi all
I just switched the Flight Model from Modern to Legacy and the A32N swaying is gone !
General > Flight Model > Legacy > Realistic 100%

4 Likes

It would be easier if the rudder worked properly.

This flight mode is for FSX aircraft support. The A320 wont fly properly in Legacy mode.

3 Likes

Swaying happened to me as well, I turned off the autopilot, waited for a couple of minutes (don’t know if I had to) engaged it again and this time no swaying.

This issue is fixed in 1.9.5 good job :wink:

It’s back for the October release. At flight level 240 at 0.76 Mach it’s the worst i have seen to date.

1 Like

Hello,

I have already made an announcement informing the swing of the A 320 in cruise altitude
Without understanding anything, I lose control of the aircraft, it wobbles from left to right quite violently, I have to remove the autopilot, wait ten seconds or so then put it back on and like a miracle no more balancing.
This is much more obvious since the last 1.9.5 update.
I pilot in real mode, I also tested the other modes, nothing changes.
This bug is random my frequent, 3 flights 3 bugs.

1 Like

Anyone found a fix yet? Taking it off autopilot stops the swaying, but when I turn AP back on the swaying returns. So frustrating.

Try and disconnect AP, fly manually for 20 seconds or so and reengage AP. That solves it for me.

2 Likes

Same here. I turned the Autopilot off for a few seconds at cruise, and then back on again. No more swaying. I made no other changes.

EDIT: After a while, the swaying started again (possibly with a Live weather update, but not sure). Had to repeat the AP off/on. Can confirm that this wasn’t the case until the current update/hotfix.

2 Likes

I have the same issue after last update of FS2020. It is very boring!
Rgds,
Marcelo
Voo 101 - FlightSim in Portuguese

I think that the Roll Proportional gain is too high.
So roll controller is overshooting after oscillation is excited by turbulence.
I temporally edited ai.cfg to reduce the Roll P gain (about 1/5) and eliminated it.

I changed my controls for the yaw damper. One button to turn the ■■■■ thing on and another to off. I was doing this mid flight with the plane swaying on autopilot. Turned off autopilot, clicked the “turn on yaw damper” turned the autopilot back on and it was gone!! Before I did this, I tried everything anybody wrote in this thread and the only way it would stop is if I took the autopilot off!

Which values did you change?

rollPID = 2.5, 0.1, 0.5, 100.0, 100.0

1 Like

According this site the first number is the proportional gain.

Rgds, Marcelo

The workaround proposed by @DHC6Twotter worked!

I did do the following changes in the ai.cfg file:
old one - rollPID = 1.0, 0.1, 0.5, 100.0, 100.0
new one - rollPID = 0.2, 0.1, 0.5, 100.0, 100.0
Until now it is working as should, no more swaying.

Rgds, Marcelo