A32NX FBW Still Not Following FP

try to remove your a320 neo by the content manager inside the simulator. close and restart the game. enter the content manager again and download the a320 neo that you removed earlier. (this file may be downloaded automatically when the simulator is restarted). If you do not download, enter the content manager. Then test the a320 neo default and see if the problem continues. If that works you can install the a320 nx flybywire again. What may be happening to you is that the A320 neo default is causing some conflict with an edited file, removed from the original files in the A320 folder.

I’ll give this a try, but I have another question. I forgot to delete the mod from my community folder before I updated the sim on Tuesday. I deleted the mod after the update had completed installing. Do you think this could have messed something up by not deleting the mod before updating the sim?

I’m having no trouble with the flight plan, but the ILS landing system won’t activate. It seems to follow the localizer when I press LOC, but won’t activate the approach mode when I press APP, and it never shows the glideslope or ILS info on the screens. Anyone else having this problem? I have the latest Dev mod installed, and the flight plan with ILS landing loaded into the flight plan from the world map. Not sure what’s happening to cause this issue, but I never had an issue until the latest update.

1 Like

So I just tried another flight, but this time I used the default A320 (I deleted the mod). The default A320 actually followed the FP once I engaged the AP and did not want to just flight straight north like the mod.

Maybe this helps troubleshoot?

Okay, so the default now works. That’s a good baseline. Now install the Dev/Custom version again using the installer. Hopefully this should fixed it. Btw, did you try to use the one I messaged you directly?

Well I didn’t delete anything from the content manager like Jamilzeira82 stated above. I only deleted the mod and then just tried a flight with the default A320 and it worked with that aircraft. So, it has to be something with the FBW mod, but idk what it could be.

And no I didn’t try that yet.

I have made multiple flight plans and taken many flights since the update, with the EXPERIMENTAL version–updating at least once per day–and of these many flights: none have had any of the issues you describe. The FBW A320 experimental version should be tried; I’m having a lot of fun with it!

For the record:
I make most of my flight plans in Little Navmap, then either save them for loading directly into MSFS, or sometimes as I’m hopping from city to city I will load a flight plan from simBrief right into the McDU.

I have not experienced a “mangling of the plan” – which was a real issue not long ago. Its important to put your finishing review of the flight plan on the MCDU (a.k.a. “Mc Doo”) and make adjustments if it didn’t import to your liking; such as: set an ILS approach, or input the ILS frequency in RNAV in case it didn’t get there from pre-flight loading.

2 Likes

When you say “Little Navmap,” do you mean you create the flight plan in the menu before loading the flight? If so, I do the same for every flight. I choose the origin and destination, select my departure gate, and select my departure SID (if available) and arrival STAR (if available) as well as any approach I want for a specific runway. I’ll then manually enter any waypoints, fixes, or VOR’s into my flight plan. I then always review it in the Navlog before loading the flight to make sure I don’t have any errors/duplicate points. I learned my lesson with that very early on in the sim which used to screw up most of my flights. I am very thorough when error checking my flight plan before I load the flight and also once I hop in the cockpit before departure.

I can assure you, I’ve continued to do this if not more since I’ve experienced my issues since the update and I’ve yet to find any discrepancies or errors in my flight plans that would be causing each of them to behave the same - flying straight north off course.

Don’t worry i have the exact problem with the 32nx after sim update 3 ! I did clean Up and try to reinstall the 3 version and same issue going direct to north what ever is your fly plan !

1 Like

Wow, really? So have you been able to find a solution yet or still having issues?

I wonder why it’s just us two who seem to be having this issue? I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod and different versions for the past two days with no luck still…

Not yet ! I wait for the new patch from fbw. Had some issue with world update 3 and after 2 or 3 days they release the fix patch .

So weird… why is it happening to some people and not others…
This was my flight yesterday, no dramas:

Must be nice. That’s what I’ve been trying to figure out myself…

Of course this has kind of been the story of the sim since August. After updates, some people have issues and others don’t. It really doesn’t make sense and up until now, I’ve been in the group of people who haven’t had issues after updates. Well, now that’s changed…

I would like to know the answer ! Hope patch Will come soon !
Good fly !

So I posted my issue on the FBW Github page under “Issues” and got a response saying it could be an issue where under the Perf page it’s set to “Takeoff” instead of advancing to “Climb.” I never checked his issue myself, but the poster said there should be a fix soon and it might possibly be reacted to this issue.

Again, I just wonder why this wasn’t a more well-known issue since the update on Tuesday? Seems like more people would’ve noticed this bug during their flights.

All the things brokened with this update, hided the good things (if we had)

Have you checked the ILS frequency was loaded in the MCDU? Sometimes it doesn’t and you need to add manually.

MCDU looked ok when I was having issues, but then I tried again this morning and the ILS worked fine, so I’m not sure what was going on yesterday. Guess I’ll take the win and run with it for now

Just try development version and if you push power to toga instead cl ( climb) than autopilot on and if follow fly plan !

I saw about this earlier, but it seems to me that it’s just a workaround. Does the A320 really fly like that IRL, because if not it really needs to be fixed.

Also, I’m still having the issue where the Master Caution light can’t be disabled and on one of my earlier test flights, my secondary PFD screen was black. Man, the mod is really screwed up for me after this past update. Looks like I’ll be grounding myself for a little while until I hear about a fix…