A32NX will not be returning to the marketplace

16 Likes

Link to source?

Source: FlyByWire, MSFS Marketplace and Xbox - FlyByWire Simulations

Additional context in the comments: From the FlyByWire Team : MicrosoftFlightSim (reddit.com)

2 Likes

The market place is such a strange animal … licensing issues notwithstanding: how can the market place – that quite clearly has no quality screening for the add ons on sale whatsoever – have such extremely slow processing times for updated and new add-ons? How can it take up to two months for things to get approved or updated?

If any other online market place would operate at that speed (I shall call it “slug stuck in molasses”) they would go under in no time.

23 Likes

Here the official thread.

1 Like

Cheers. Easier to read than a screenshot.

And…ouch! Not coming back to marketplace AND not going to be on Xbox!

2 Likes

I respect their decision and I am thankful for the detailed explanation.

After all these guys do great work for free in their spare time.

17 Likes

Sadly, but can’t blame them, they don’t really have anything gain for the extra effort. No monetary gain, no point. I’d imagine all the payware devs will be paying attention to Xbox however.

1 Like

This is silly. Harming your own product just because of the license type that 99.9% of flightsimmers don’t care about.

2 Likes

Oh geez. I already wondered how long it would take for the first post to appear along these lines. …

4 Likes

“just because of the license type that 99.9% of flightsimmers don’t care about”- but makes a lot of difference in an environment involving paywares/corporates. This license change won’t affect the end-users, but also protects the dev team’s interests at the same time.

13 Likes

Nice words for - Money Talks and BS walks. As stated before, the complexities of this sim, the constant Updates, and core changes, and companies are not going to have money to keep up and “fix already released planes time and time again”. I have asked, heck thousands of users have asked, begged, pleaded, for Asobo and MS to fix the core problems in the sim, and lock it down, to no avail. It is expensive, not only in real money, but in volunteer time (volunteers in FBW-not paid) to keep fixing and fixing and fixing because of updates. You can see this in the actual number of plane releases versus the “announced planes for release”. companies are delaying projects and doing so because the basic parameters are not hard and set in stone. Just too expensive to keep fixing all the “updates mess ups”.

12 Likes

Just so everyone is on the same page- we are only skipping marketplace presence and Xbox platforms as mentioned in the NOTAM.

Development on both the A32NX and the A380X for MSFS will continue as planned. The changes will not affect the project, its timelines or its users.

30 Likes

Good for them. I support FBW’s decision 100%

15 Likes

I suggest you read the entire text to find out the license is only part of the reason.

I also suggest you research what the license implies before making claims about who cares about it.

14 Likes

This is a real shame. But, I understand their reasoning. If Asobo just added more fidelity to the default model and bothered to work a bit on the flight model, I’d be okay with it.

But that’s probably not going to happen. As the saying goes, wishing in one hand, ■■■■■■■■ in the other. I unfortunately know which one is going to fill up first…

2 Likes

It’s a shame, but totally understandable. Keep going fbw!

3 Likes

Thank you for clearing this up. I was confused and about to post this question.

This is incredibly disappointing. The prospect of a realistic and detailed flight sim experience on Xbox seems even further away.

2 Likes

Exactly, and when people (Asobo) keep changing the goal posts with so called updates I can imagine it must be a complete nightmare for other devs to keep adjusting their own software, and when they are making no money from it I don’t blame them at all.
One has to wonder who will bother introducing aircraft to this sim when it is constantly being amended, fair play to Bredock3D who simply re hashed a 737 that they had used in previous flight sims and which had no cost and no real time was spent setting it up.