Ability to save Aircraft to favorites list

Problem: There isn’t currently a way to organize aircraft that we own. Before any given flight, we need to look/scroll through dozens, even hundreds of planes (depending on the user’s library) to fly the one we want. I think it’s safe to say that many of us have just a handful of planes we fly on a regular basis and it would be nice to create a shortcut of sorts to quickly access them (speed dial!).

Proposed Solution: Allow users to “Favorite” aircraft that are then contained in a separate folder for quick access.

We already have the ability to do this in the Marketplace. Favorited aircraft, scenery, airports etc. are added to a “Wishlist” folder for easy access when we’re ready to buy them.

Bonus: allow us to create and name folders and place aircraft in the folder. Almost like how you would add a song to a playlist on Spotify. For example, I would probably have folders for:

• Bush Planes
  • Airliners
  • Sightseeing

Bonus 2: Allow users to drag and drop planes on top of each other to create a folder similar to how apps can be moved and dropped on each other to create a new folder on a phone (I have iOS in mind. Not sure how it work on android).

Example: Instead of having 4 variants of a Cessna 172 (steam gauge, glass cockpit, floats, skies, etc.) allow us to drag them on top of each other and name the folder whatever we want (ex. “Cessna 172”).

2 Likes

DELETING aircraft you do not typically fly, is NOT the best option, as you might also want all those aircraft types to show up in MP, when others are flying them,

If say , the C172 was your only plane installed, then EVERYONE else in MP would “appear” to be flying a C172 !!!

Luckily, there are a set of REQUIRED aircraft, that must installed, for the sim to allow your to Play

This would be great, Seems simple enough, Would help the user base alot.
Neil

During a live stream, a few of us began discussing how it would be really good if we potentially were able to get a Favourites button inside the Aircraft selection menu, for our top 3 or 5 aircraft we regularly fly.

As we get more fantastic aircraft release for MSFS, our hangars are filling up and it can take a bit of extra time scrolling through to find the flybywire A32nx, or the CRJ1000 for example so if we could Favourite it and make it readily accessible at the top of the list that would be amazing.

What are your thoughts for those reading this? Would you also like to see that feature too? Please vote above! I’ll see you in the skies…

1 Like

I think a “frequent flyer” list is what’s needed with the option to show “type” or “livery within type”. Or maybe just present the list by default in the order flown?

I just had 40 aircraft added when I bought JUST the Reno add on! We need a favorites list as a bare minimum!

4 Likes

What I really wish we had is the ability to organize aircraft like a Windows file system. I don’t mean with the appearance, but to be able to merge multiple of the same aircraft into a single folder. I want a file tree. I think I have 6 or 8 Cessna 172s, and 4 152s…With 40 Reno aircraft, and so many aircraft having float, cargo, ski, etc…I think my list of aircraft is now at 280 or something like that. It takes me forever to find any specific aircraft.

Yea!!! what he said… favorite plane folder and the ability to assign control profiles per plane…

yep, favourites setting for me too in the hanger

What you might like to try is MSFS Addon Linker - I cannot imagine trying to manage Addons without it …

1 Like

I’d like to see a “favourites” feature in the aircraft selection section.
I have quite a few default, and some downloaded, planes that I’m highly unlikely to fly but I don’t want to delete them, or remove them from my community folder as they’re still useful for accurately seeing others in multiplayer.
But being able to choose my most used planes as favourites and have them on a seperate selection page would just help declutter the page of all the excess planes and their variants, and make it easier to scroll to my most used ones :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Absolutely agree! Voted for the topic.

1 Like

Good idea! I Voted!

1 Like

+1 Excelent idea… VOTED :+1:

It would be nice to have an option to add aircrafts to an favorites list in the aircraft selection😀

Good idea!

i would love to see this too.

Any way to favorite aircraft?

Can’t seem to find the option or am I missing something.

Thanks.

In general, MSFS is an amazing piece complex of software, that seems to fall short/miss on so many little simple things!

At least there is a search option for airplanes. I usually use that since the list is hard to scroll.

1 Like

in answer to your question - the sim saves your last flown airplane (previous flight / session) and the last 3 departure airports. So if those aren’t your favorites, you can search in your hangar for another plane, or on the world map for other airports.
Having a ‘top 3’ or quick list of the last 3 different airplanes you have flown might be nice - and would seem relatively easy to implement since that case already exists for your last 3 airports…maybe.
I actually like scrolling through my hangar often so making a short list of favorites doesn’t really appeal to me. It would just remind me of all the planes I’ve spent money on that I don’t often use.
Scrolling through them all tends to encourage me to keep current in them - rather than ignore them altogether.