Ability to undock views

One of many things I’m missing most in FS2020 is the ability to undock, move, and resize views. In previous versions of FS, and even in spinoffs like P3D and XPlane, this is possible. For example, I used to be able be in the Cockpit during an approach, but I could also still have an undocked sort of Pop-Up window that I could change to whatever view I wanted, like an exterior side view of my plane, or even a view from the Tower. This came very handy when I was first learning to land. Please add this capability. Thanks.

It’s on the wishlist tracker as “multiple screens functionality”, slated for later this year or next:

1 Like

I think this request is different from multiple screens, in that they want multiple views as well. So you might have a nice three monitor setup when they implement that, but I think their request is to have a pop out window showing the view from the tower as you fly in from the cockpit.

2 Likes

Well, I think it’s the same idea, as the wish is to have secondary windows that you can move anywhere on your screen or other monitor(s) and quite important, that you can work with, like switch buttons or adjust frequencies on a separated radio stack window,or HDG, or VOR QDM’s, and have a fixed inst.panel window when the view from the windscreen moves. I am surprised this wish has so few votes or posts,
as it would be a Huge improvment on immersion!
Regards
Michel

Yeah, multiple viewports is included in the multi-screen wishlist item. People are requesting that so that they can get a dedicated side view, panel view, configurable whatever view from the other screen.

2 Likes

I’m really interesting about getting the outside view so i can undock it and send it to another window screen like before with my Fsx.
Anyone can figure it out?

Excellent question👌🏼
I need to use my upper screen for the outside view and the 2lower screen for the cockpit.
Why is take so long to figure it out🤔
I wish i can do that but not.
Can someone help is please?
Sincerely

Well, unfortunately, the best I can do as of now, is to extend the windowed image down to the second monitor, so the edge of the panel is at the divide between the screens, it’s far from best, but it works, and allows to read the instruments and switches. the only good thing is that you can move , up, down or sideways the panel without interfering with the upper image. The bad side is that it moves the same way as the upper view with the trackir. Don’t understand why they can’t be independent! It would be so nice to be able to move and keep for exemple an external view to another screen! Maybe one day Asobo guys will become pilots… fly safe!

just a detail: On my machine, the toolbar doesn’t appear , I just have the frame of the monitors…
Just for info: the top one is a 32, and the lower is a 22 ( and I have two 17 on the sides for the map and others.)

2 Likes

You can already vote for it at Remove bezels on pop out PFD / MFD screens and allow resizing and saving position and size

1 Like

Would it be possible to be able to take a view and undock it? So that you can have a different view out there and use it for streaming while flying in VR?

Most of the streaming solutions for VR involve taking the binocular view and stretching it so only one eye is visible. It’d be great if the mirrored screen on the desktop could be set to Streamer or one eye mode so you can show off the visuals in VR…

not bad idea,
thxs

especially the undock outside view like on FSX

Wishlist closed. OP did not answer clarification question PM despite logging into the forums several times afterwards:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/446507