Achievement guide and discussion

I know it seems crazy, but you need to have no liveries installed. I use msfs addons linker and disable all my addons between updates easily. At the same time it gives me a chance to go for achievements with pure vanilla msfs. So many things will disable achievements.

I’m at 90% on the one where you have to fly all 20 planes 300nm with no time accel and no assists. I have no idea which 2 planes didn’t work, I’ve done them all… but some with various addons so I don’t know what counted and what hasn’t counted. I’m not going to fly all 20 again, and I’m not going to fly without addons just for an achievement, so I will wait until there is a way to find out which ones I’ve done and which I haven’t.

2 Likes

Hi all

Can someone please explain how the smart cam will “lock” a POI ?

What ever I do … when hitting S the cam goes to the airport i started. Page up / down does nothing either.

Poi markets are ON

Hope someone has a tip.

It’s a bit fiddly, most of the POI’s will only be available for smart cam at very short range. Things like your track, and airports are available from much longer range.

The only way I found to make sense of it is to keep the camera window (from the top bar) opened, and fold open the smart cam targets list. The POI’s will show up as ‘objective’ (or something along those lines). Most of the time you need to be within 2 miles before they even show up in the list.

Thanks … will try the menu list suggestion.

I hovered with a heli above a POI and was not able to lock it. Hope this does the trick

if you’re working on achievements, I would stay away from non-vanilla planes. Most achievements require base sim aircraft/liveries.

MortThe2nd is on point, bringing up the view menu during flight and opening the smartcam list is sometimes the only way to get "smart"cam to look where you want.

I would love an option so you could choose to disable smartcam for different things. I’ve never used smartcam for anything other than looking at landmarks!

If in doubt use the tried and true version of ignoring ATC the right way :wink:
You do all the normal ATC communications until you are away from the departure airport and are handed off to the first sector controller.
Acknowledge the new frequency and make the switch, but do NOT contact the next controller. Simply fly along unbothered until you are nearing the destination.
The frequency will change as you fly through the different sectors so the one you dialed in shortly after departure will of course no longer be the correct one, but FS will show you the correct one for the sector you are in.
Contact them when you are ready to resume normal flight.

3 Likes

Done it with and without autopilot, still unable to get it. Everything set to true to life. Done so many flights that I gave up on that achievement.

This one and Jack of all planes don’t seem to work for me…tried everything mentioned here and flew the same route with every required AC in the standard edition 2x :slight_smile: no dice and 4-5 flight job shadowing … also no dice.

Not sure what else I could do but in the end that is just a silly gimmick that really doesn’t mean anything…so why the hell did I fly all those flights again :smirk:

Known issues: The sim does not track progress on the Cessna 172 Skyhawk G1000 from standard of the game, but rather the additional Cessna 172 Skyhawk from the deluxe edition of the game, making this achievement inaccessible to owners of the standard edition”

If you have the standard edition, it looks like you’re only going to get lots of practice

I think that got fixed a while ago.

1 Like

I do have the Deluxe edition but only flew the route with one of the C-172s…not sure which at this point:)
Maybe I will fly that route once again just to see if it is now fixed :smiley:

That is good to hear. Thanks

Just in case you flew the C172 leg before the fix dropped, that might be a good idea.

1 Like

This was definitely fixed several months ago. I got credit for my 300 mile flight using the 172 G1000 model. With regards to the My Way Achievment not unlocking, I found a You Tube video showing how they unlocked it. I followed the procedure in the video and was able to unlock it. Search YouTube “MSFS My Way achievement” it should be easy to find. I know I failed several times before I found the video. It’s not so much the route they flew as much as following the process verbatim. I think one of the things that worked for me was I taxied off the runway when I landed and then turned over the controls to my co-pilot to park. Also turn off every assist and when you start your flight do not close the pop-up window that will be there. Just minimize it to get it out of your way. I don’t remember which one it is but it was probably the procedure menu. If you close it, it will change your assists to custom which will prevent the achievement from unlocking.

All those tips, while certainly not bad to repeat for those who did not read the entire thread, I have done and still no dice on the MyWay.
I am pretty sure i did the 300nm trip quite a few month ago…so likely before the fix.
I may give that one final shot :wink:

1 Like

Goodness! Had I known this technique What did you do in MFS today? - #2111 by Zathrus63 I could have finished World Traveler months ago. Works, just added 10 more airports today.

Well ladies and gentlemen I have finally managed to unlock the elusive “Frequent Flyer Miles” Achievement! It only took me 8 attempts and let me tell you during this last one, Murphy’s Law was in full effect. I had previously attempted it with the 747, the stock 787, a moded 787, an experimental A330 and finally today withe the FlyByWire Simulations A320. I know what you’re thinking… But sir the A320 doesn’t have the range…
I used a bit of “SLYCOLOGY” and set the sim for unlimited fuel. So let’s settle this right now that doing so does not stop the Achievement from popping. My flight took 10 hrs and 44 minutes at an altitude of 28000 feet. About 8 hours into my journey I pulled up an external view for a little bit and when I switched back to the flight deck all the buttons on all panels were gone! And there were two people on the flight deck. One pilot and a first officer where there was normally none. Freaked me out!. No matter what I did, I couldn’t get the aircraft back to normal. I was glad that shortly before Top Of Descent the cockpit panels returned to normal. But then the throttles started " Trippin"
My engines rolled back to idle and wouldn’t respond to my throttle movements. The aircraft assumed glide angle of a brick and down I went. I was now about 143 miles from runway 34R in Seattle and I was scared to death that it was gonna end like one of my last attempts. I clicked the auto throttle switch off and clicked on the throttles in the airplane one at a time and managed to get them to respond but this wasn’t until 34 miles out and I was high and fast. I had long since disconnected the autopilot and was hand flying that baby like my life depended on it. I deployed my speedbrakes and was able to slow down to 260 knots . I pitched the nose up a bit and dropped the gear! I know, I know way too fast! I added two notches of flaps and was lining up for on final. All of a sudden in walks the wife wanting to know something or other, immediately I said " please baby give me a few minutes" She walked away and I was ready to land but going too fast and off to the right a bit. I gave it some rudder and slipped it a bit left. I should have went around but I wasn’t sure if the aircraft was going to continue to act up again and I didn’t want to have to start over again so I put that baby down, hit my reversers and manually applied my brakes and slowed that puppy down and “POP” that beautiful sound and the Achievement came into view on the right side of my screen. It felt awesome!

5 Likes

For me the frequent flyer miles achievement didn’t pop after flying it Sim Update V (1.18.13.0) Bug Megathread - #537 by TripsyTipsy
I don’t think I’ll be flying it again any time soon though.Maybe in a few patches or so

Also I think the world traveller achievement is bugged,not counting the airports you land at:

happened to me today… i’ve got free time today to do the LFBD to KSEA milestone… I literally sat in front of my PC while watching netflix on my tablet… short story… i was given ils approach at KSEA… then… CTD… efff… meow! (cursing in cats language)…

1 Like