Achievement guide and discussion

There is a 1000hr achievement that has existed for a long time on PC but It’s called “Wing Commander”

Mines is called wing commander and I’m on Xbox

1 Like

Until the next patch, that just might be an achievement that is no longer… (Takes off sunglasses)… achievable…

In all seriousness, it’s amazing they put achievements in the game that are almost impossible to get.

1 Like

This achievement has been problematic in the game from the PC launch apparently. Prior to SU5 people would use AI Pilot to do it, and because prior to SU5 the sim did not auto turn on AI ATC, it did not count as using assistance. Now it does and invalidates it.

I have zero expectations a patch will do anything to straighten this out, considering it has been so long since it was originally a problem.

1 Like

You’re welcome! Glad I could help!

Just want to confirm here that yesterday I unlocked the Frequent Flyer Miles Achievement with the following conditions:

• 78X Dreamliner
  • Using simrate to speed things up (I used times 3 otherwise it would bounce too much)
  • With SU5
1 Like

I ended up unlocking that one with the 747. Actually worked fairly easy with sim rate. My problem child is My Way lol

For me My way is easier…

Before or after SU5 for my way? Me and many others cannot get it unlocked even when landing these flights over and over again lol

1 Like

have you set the assistance to true to life? make sure everything is hard… Plan everything on the fs2020 planner including depart ramp, SID depart and SID approach and up to landing ramp… start at gate, when start taxi, use toolbar AI to taxi, take off you control… then after landing ON the toolbar again for AI taxi… Or memorize the taxiway used by the AI on departing airport and arriving airport… look out for the handler… if she is not gone on the ramp its not successful…

Yes I have everything on hard. Cannot use AI anymore as this breaks the achievement due to it now auto enabling the AI ATC.

What type of flight should this be? VFR or IFR? What is SID?

The handler is always on the ramp when I arrive and guides me in. I stop when they tell me to, and when I turn off engines manually they throw their hands up and disappear (just like they do when AI does do it) and then I turn off batteries or power of plane and I get the finish screen. No achievement.

1 Like

Make sure not to close the checklist window at any time during the flight.

you should get achievement when the handler disappear… IFR with SID… also the required distance is 300nm (check that it is not 300km)… turn AI taxi after you got taxi to gate OR taxi to your memorized spot. If this doesnt get it… Start your engine back and move on the next parking space… and the next… shut down engine each time on new parking… choose a simple airport with fewer parking… I got it on a320n so no need AI to control autopilot when flying. Others use the TBM. Few of my friends got it, the last time was last week. Ahh and make sure your XBOX companion app is ON.

What is SID?

Cannot use AI because of it auto turning on AI ATC and changing true to life to custom now.

My issue is when I get to final spot, handler tells me to stop. I turn off the engines and he disappears as the completed screen comes up. No achievement and no way of changing spots. It starts a new “log” if I hit continue on that screen.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve never closed the checklist window, just minimize it.

SID - Standard instrument depatures. Customised IFR with low or high altitude plan. It wont work with VFR (at least when me and some friend tried). You need custom gate to gate. Select gate on departing, next select gate at arriving airports, select IFR low or high, On From menu up top have depatures, select runways you wish to depart with SID (something like ATIM1A 14L) the 14L is the departing runway… then on the arrival airport do the same with arrival SID and runway… And dont let ATC change your pre-set approach earlier is what i found the best way. I think this achievement broke when ATC change the approach. For e.g. I know the AI ATC will give me an approach of NUPKU transition from WMKL to WMKK for instance… Then i preselect the arrival approach to that before flying… If the ATC change the transition to EGURI mid flight, it wont probably work.

Required distance is 300 statute miles which is 261NM.

2 Likes

We know this for sure?

Yes, because I completed this achievement that way.

2 Likes

I tried that airport myself and I can’t seem to get the achievement to unlock. The Fuel Box is the only thing I haven’t done and when I looked up the achievement it said you needed to ask the ATC for fueling at a fuel Box, which there is nothing on the ATC to ask for that all you can ask for it the fuel truck which I’ve already done and got the achievement for fueling up. This achievement is frustrating.