Achievement guide and discussion

I’ve completed nearly all other achievements except for 500 horus, 1000 hours, the weekly activity ones and the 500 landings. Finished Jack of all Planes earlier today. But still cannot get My Way to pop lol.

1 Like

Same here, only ones i need now are 500/1000 hrs, the “weekly” ones and 500 airports (im currently on 499 but keeping it as a backup for MS Rewards program etc)

Then there is My Way - i’ve given up after so many tries. I’ve read the tips above but none give enough absolute detail to convince me that anything i done was “wrong” in order to fail the achievement

1 Like

Does any know if using the NXI blocks the jack of all planes from completing? I flew it with a g36 which i had never flown before and I flew a 300nm flight (so more than enough miles), and no progress. Default livery, no sim rate.

If I were to guess it would need to be the unmodded plane. I did it without the mod and it worked perfectly/

Can we even confirm MY Way is still possible after SU5???

The ONLY way I got it, was by letting Ai-pilot taxi me around while on the ground.

Im stuck on the Completionist at 96%
I have completed ALL Landing challenges and the 5 bush trips (the 3 first ones + 2 other).

Its weird, i dont know what i missed.

And i cant do Decathlon ither. Cause i cant find where weekly activities is!

2 Likes

A couple of hints for ya… Don’t worry, it took me well over 40 attempts to get My Way…

-Doesn’t matter what plane (Stick with something ‘simple’. I did it in the Caravan)
-Go for a route that’s closer to 400NM
-Set up EVERYTHING on the world map. Manually select both parking spots, set up departure if you can, set up approach and arrival (if you can)
-Make sure everything in user experience is set to Hard (Real Life)
-Do NOT… I repeat, DO NOT close ATC or checklist boxes. Just pretend like they’re not on the screen. Don’t even MOVE them.
-Be quick with ATC responses. “ATC services are terminated” = Automatic achievement failure. If you’re going to get up to go to the bathroom or make a snack, turn your volume up so you don’t miss any instructions

And now we’ve come to the most annoying part of this achievement…
-I really do believe that you HAVE to let Ai-pilot taxi you out/in to get the correct spot. I tried this achievement at the tiniest strips I could find, ones with only maybe 5 parking spots. And it still never registered.

That’s what bugs me about this one… “Complete a 300 mile journey with no assistance”… But you can let AI taxi out, depart, land, and taxi in… No assistance… right…

I might be crazy, but the flight I finally got the achievement, I remember ATC being really different. Like, options that usually aren’t available in the ATC dialogue box, they gave me commands that I usually don’t hear… I just remember saying to myself “This is it!!!” before the achievement even popped up.

That is where the issue comes, We can do everything there except letting AI Pilot do the taxi at the end. Prior to SU5 this did not change true to life assistance settings. It now does. Because AI Pilot now also enables AI ATC, it changes true to life/hard to custom and fails the achievement.

Using AI Pilot to park at the end is no longer possible for this achievement because of this particular change in SU5.

1 Like

Now with that all being said, when exactly did this achievement pop for you? While parking, while taxi, while on runway, after parking when stopped or when the completion screen came up?

1 Like

It hit as soon as I powered down.

Just like normal… AV 1&2 off… Goes to log book screen… achievement popped up.

Now, last December/January, I remember reading that it happened for some people when they touched down on the destination runway, others while taxiing to the spot. But that was back at like, SU3. This achievement has been SUPER glitchy since release… And it appears they haven’t done anything to rectify that, yet.

You may just want to hold off on your next attempt, until after the next major update (I think in the next 7 days?!?)

Yeah I have not tried it in awhile now. I have done well over 50+ flights to try getting it. The biggest issue today is that we cannot use that AI to park anymore.

I am glad to hear that the plane itself does not matter. That’s a benefit because I want to use multiple planes lol.

1 Like

Oh yeah, months and months were spent trying to get it.

That’s what kept tripping me up while trying to get it. Because i kept thinking "SURELY, letting AI basically fly the whole dang thing is NOT “Flying without assistance”

But that last try, and literally the FIRST time I tried with AI doing the taxiing… BOOM. Achievement.

I would be fine with taxing and parking if the game would assist me with a Map (that IRL pilots have) and the guys and gals with the glow sticks (dont remember ther name) would actually be helpful. And if the signs were accurate and easier to see. As it is now. I guess a IRL pilot would find it to be a challenge.

I got My Way by flying from KSMF to KFUL. I set the departure and arrival parking spots on the world map, and I selected a parking spot on my arrival airport that I could locate easily. I didn’t use AI for any part of the flight.

1 Like

I would just like to congratulate you as being the ONLY person in MSFS2020 to get this achievement without the AI assistance.

Seriously. I tried this over 40 times, never had luck doing it manually.

1 Like

May i ask when you unlocked the achievement. I’ve done around 25-30 flights without getting it to pop. Have flown entire thing manually, used autopilot, went from every type of parking to every type of parking. Kept ATC / checklist windows open, have answered all ATC myself, started from cold engines with doing the start up procedure manually and shut down procedure manually etc and still nothing

Cannot think of a single thing i’ve missed yet no pop

1 Like

I have to admit I unlocked the achievement about 6 months ago, so it is possible that SU5 may have bugged this achievement.

decathlon still bugged?

1 Like

I think it’s safer to actually check the spots you want in advance, take screenshots if required to help you recognize them and route to/from runway.
Don’t touch AI at all.
This was one of the first achievements I picked up.
No liveries, no add-on airports, no add-on aircraft or aircraft enhancements, everything “true to life” and don’t touch the pop-ups or lose ATC…

Tried this MULTIPLE times (You should see all the screenshots of just zoomed in parking spots). Tried Airports with 3 parking spots or 300… didn’t matter. Every time I pulled into the spot I KNOW I picked in world map… Nothing.

I’m truly impressed you were about to get this achievement without letting the AI taxi. I honestly think you’re in the .001% that ACTUALLY got the achievement, the way the developers described it.

1 Like