Achievement guide and discussion

I had a weird experience with My Way achievement. After multiple failed attempts, I unlocked the achievement without really doing what was required. I did land on the runway but I never got the chance to reach the parking spot. While being on the edge of the taxiway, next to the parking, I activated AI co-pilot who decided to turn back towards the taxiway, move a couple of meters and then brake, shut down the engines, go to the menu screen that you usually get when a flight is over and then the achievement was unlocked without the icon popping up to indicate that I have made it. I don’t understand why some achievements are unlocked after a successful attempt, without the icon and the sound notifications from Xbox App for PC. ???

I have made a couple of attempts following the second guide on that site. Unfortunately the AI control for aircrafts no longer work after the latest patch, the aircraft will simply fly endlessly in a random direction shortly after takeoff

Also looks like my SIDS and STARS progression got bugged again, same place as last time. it stops counting airports after 7 (28%)

I can confirm that World Traveler is still bugged. I’ve landed successfully at about 50~60 different airports, but the achievement progress bar only shows I’ve landed at 10 (2%).

1 Like

I managed to get the SIDs and STARs achievement on Steam a few days ago by landing at 25 star airports, 4 of which are from the Japan update, although it says 0% of players have it for some reason. The 4th leg of the Balkans bush trip isn’t recognising my landing and Patagonia crashes to desktop after I land on the 10th leg. I’ll delete both and see if I can finish either. The Nevada trip had no issues.

Edit: Spelling and grammar.

Only 5 achievements left for me to unlock. Only one is difficult: Stay on Target. Does it have to be done with all assistance off? Anyone who made it?

It’s not as hard as it sounds like, though this is one of few achievements where you actually have to learn a bit about the aircraft systems. And yes you will need to turn assistance completely off. Follow the instructions from this video and it should unlock just fine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32q0xHybKmA&t

First off, the achievement description does not require any assistance to be off. Then, I tried with the C172 G1000 and although I set the nav correctly for the ILS, the AP could not be engaged, so I had to fly manually all the way, following the pink line (easy mode ON). I landed and nothing happened. So have you unlocked this achievement with a C172 G100? I followed the instructions from another video and again the AP could not be engaged! I don’t know if that invalidated my attempt or not.

Anyone else who completed Stay on Target?

I unlocked it a few weeks back with the A320neo. I did not unlock it when I attempted doing it with assistance on, it did however unlock on my second attempt with assistance turned off

I was able to unlock “my way” just now. I was using the A320neo, flew from Bergen to Tromso.

Based on what I read from some of the other guides, I set the assistance to hard on everything, made sure to never cross out any of the windows that are present when the flight begins (ATC, camera, etc) Because when you do, one of your assistance settings will be turned to custom rather than hard which definitely prevents the achievement from unlocking.
I flew manually, but I made the AI taxi the aircraft once I had landed, which made sure that the end flight menu appeared once at the gate. Which can be a bit tricky to do otherwise as you don’t see any of the parking markers without assistance.

Yeah it really sucks that the AI copilot is broken. I’m not even sure that Asobo is aware of this problem…

I’am one of the 0% :wink:

I’ve managed to unlock all three POI Smartcam achievements, although I had several issues. The camera wouldn’t lock to some landmarks no matter how close I got and roughly 20% of the ones that did lock on didn’t get registered.

One last problem is there aren’t even 100 star landmarks in the game, there’s at most 20 or so. The other 80 landmarks were regular ones that you need to zoom in on the map to see.

I just unlocked “Hydroplaning”… IN A BUSH TRIP!!!

I’m wondering why light chop isn’t unlocking for me. I’m guessing it might be because I use the taxi arrows and that counts as an assist?

I just got hydroplaning but I know I haven’t flown 50 hours in the rain, I’m guessing it counted overcast weather as well.

Hydroplaning seems to progress regardless of the weather, and yes taxi ribbon definitely counts as assistance

just tried the A320 start up once again after update with no luck …

Have you made sure all assistance is set to hard and see if that works? Remember that if you cross out any window that pops up when the flight loads, your assistance is set back to custom, preventing a few achievements from unlocking

1 Like

dont remember … will try again later … thx mate

Description : Complete the Balkans Bush Trip, without using any navigation assistance

Solution: The Balkans Bush Trip takes about 8 hours to complete and is divided into 16 legs that can be completed all at once or one at a time… What do u mean it can be completed all at once… Touch an go, maybe