Allow us to remove Active Pause from toolbar

Cheers for the info. I guess that makes sense in a way. Just can’t get my head around why AP would disconnect when I came out of Active Pause and controls wouldn’t respond.

I am not sure how well the model of the a320 is but in the real aircraft the Autopilot disconnecs in extreme flight situations (like maximum bank angle e.g) in that case the plane could have triggert the alpha floor (if it’s modeld) which applies full thrust for a stall recovery. In that case the Autopilot disconnects too (as far as i know). If you hit the active pause while in a slight turn that could have led to the roll.

The missing control repsone could be because of flight assist or just because it is a big plane in an uncontrolled situation

The A/P disconnect is pretty typical of all DFCS implementations on commercial aircraft. I don’t have any experience with the A3xx FMS and MCDU and being a former Boeing pilot and assumed (as one shouldn’t :slightly_smiling_face:) that the operation was similar to the Rockwell Collins EMCP and FCC that I was used to! Guess it’s time to read up on the Honeywell system!

There is unassigned Pause On AND Pause Off buttons in key bindings… Just assign keys you want to use.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I’ll go check it out

You are not kidding - I left my C172 on Active Pause, as I’m watching a ‘how to use the G1000’ video on YouTube, and want to follow along… when I unpaused, the plane instantly nosedived towards the ground and took a lot of work to recover it.

Why don’t you let your co-pilot fly while you have something else to do…? Ctrl + Alt + X

Active pause is just a plain stupid idea.

Please remove it.

No one wants it, no one likes it.

…Or has anyone actually found a real use for it? If so, I’m prepared to be amazed!

Even just opening the main menu to edit a control or assist and returning to game makes the same thing happen… AP disconnect and nosedive :disappointed_relieved: I’m glad I’m able to recover it when I’m expecting it at the right altitude but man this is a bummer.

And to @anon63481597 sometimes you’re flying through a really beautiful area and want to take a bunch of screenshots or videos and you just want to pause once for any number of interruptions or reasons.

The point is to fly the plane, not reach the destination.

BarbaraStre1san

That’s exactly what I do with my Cessna.
I just told you, you could use co-pilot instead of pause, but anyway, I have no issues with pausing the game. Active pause works as it should, and so does the real pause, if you want to take pictures.

Active pause is not for pictures. It’s just for little adjustments etc so you don’t have to rush anything, mostly for new pilots who doesn’t quite remember everything at first…
Real pause is for pictures.

I think this short clip sums it up pretty good. (Sory for the quality i had to scale it down quite a bit)

I cannot understand, that no one reports this Bug till now.

When I am in Active Pause, the Plane stops in Position and holds its Altitude. So fine…
But what is this? The Speed keeps Changing.

So if the Plane gains speed in a dive and you do active pause, the speed continues to increase, until you are in the red area, then the Plane crashes because of structureal Damage. But you are paused all the time.
That is not funny.

More funny is the Bug this way. Hold your Plane in start Position, do active Pause, push throttle, see, how you gain a lot speed without moving your plane. And then end the active pause and you can start you plane immediately.

But I find this terrible. Even, if you want to take a picture or want so enoy the landscape, and then kicked out of the game, because the speed gets to high even you are not moving. This must be a bug.

1 Like

It wasn’t reported just now. It was reported during Alpha testing. Some posters suggest this is by design to accommodate multiplayer and weather real time changes. I don’t know if this is true because we don’t get much feedback from the development team or the Microsoft management team.

As for me, it does me no good. I want to be able to freeze the action with the AC visible to let me study the situation (such as looking up frequencies), or getting a closer look at instrument or scenery detail. If active pause is suppose to work as it is now, maybe we need a new function like “freeze.”

1 Like

You might be interested in this thread: [HOW-TO] How to actually PAUSE the sim! from the guide section.

On a personal note I never use the “active pause” as I don’t find it suits how I wish to use the sim.

Pretty sure it’s by design and not a bug. I don’t like it either. Active Pause is basically a lat/lon/alt/att freeze, but depending on the situation you could either end up in a stall, overspeed or run out of fuel.

If you want some working pause function back, assign the SET PAUSE ON and OFF keys. If you want to do something better, file a ticket and request the old TOGGLE PAUSE key binding back.

Strange. Most bugs I have noticed in just a few hours of usage. Either the testers are very inattentive, or these bugs were strangely introduced in some post-beta build.

Yeah I can confirm this has happened to me as well

Yes I have experienced this. In addition I have also experienced the trim setting itself to 100% Up when switching to external view.

Okay, so this is really the solution:

Funny thing from Micsrosoft… to support a real Pause wothout key, and then a time warp after the pause…
Why so complicated?

When I am on autopilot and turn on the acive pause, after turning it off and going back to normal flight, the plane starts going crazy. I have this on every plane and it can only be mastered by hand, every turning on the autopilot makes the plane crazy.