Active runways

I didnt know where else to post this so i just posted it here.

When creating a flight plan, one HAS TO KNOW, which runway is the active one.
I go to to “windy.com” to always check the wind direction so i know which runway to select. How ever, entering the game or other sims, this will not coincide 50% of the time. Its pretty annoying to be flying for some hours, arriving at your destination, with other aircraft taking off in the direction you are landing.

Could it not be possible, to add a little info in the “WORLD MENU SCREEN” of fs2020, when interacting with the arrival and departure airports, that tells you which runway is the active one in that moment ? This has been a problem in Xplane as well. many times the METARs will not be the same (xplanes and simbriefs or windy.com or pilot2atc) creating a vast confusion.

PLEASE, ASOBO, ADD A LITTLE widget, or info or something t hat tells us which runways are the active ones, prior to entering the sim / airplane. Normally the ATIS gives the info on which runways are active, but the flight planning goes on in the “WORLD MENU SCREEN”.

This would be really great , thanks in advance

I have a similar question myself, is there a way to check which are the active runways in each airport (at least the ones with high traffic)? I guess the usual answer would be to check ATIS and NOTAMs but the latter rarely have any info about active runways, while for the former not every airport has in-game ATIS (and if they do, I don’t trust them to be consistent with real life).

As I’m flying online 99 % of the time, generally I’ll just pick the runway recommended by Little Navmap (which I guess only uses wind direction) and/or available SIDs depending on charts. In the rare occasion where there’ll be ground/tower controller coverage, I may ask them but usually I just have to pick it on my own or if it’s a busy area without ATC I may ask others via Unicom.

Flightaware is a good tool to use for this.

1 Like

ill give you an example. i fly in xplane. so xplane, the weather engine and pilot2atc all get METARs at different times. so maybe the weather engine and pilot2atc METARs are the same, but not xplanes. it would be great to be able to know what the game or sim is thinking, to be able to make your flight plan according to that, and nothing else, if you know what i mean.

the link you sent, i hace to check where the planes are landing or taking off . a friend of mine does that with flightradar as well, however as mentioned, sometimes the sim overrides whatever goes on in real life and does what it wants, making me sometimes land in the wrong direction , INTO incoming traffic. very annoying. Asobo could implement a little tiny thingy , a little info window or something that tells you, which runway is active according to the game.

in the world map, when you click on an airport, it shows the frequencies… now THAT could be an excellent place to add “active runway” info

Thanks, I’ll definitely check this out.

I think,

something tells to me that if you select dep airport and select any rwy dep point, wind strength and heading shows up there also.