Adding Different Font to Exterior, still broken

Hello Team Asobo and Community members,

It is ‘extremely difficult’ to change the ‘Registry font’ for a plane. If I want 3 different fonts in a plane package I am building, it seems there is no way. There are sophisticated routes that a couple of people have figured out, but they are ‘quite sophisticated’.

In the aircraft config registry blocks, there are options for ATC ID color and font;
atc_id_color=“0xff000000”
atc_id_font=“”

Also, color is in the panel config, in the Registry texture details entry;
painting00=Registration/Registration.html?font_color=0x10a4fe, 0, 0, 1024, 256

But changing that causes all exterior N Numbers to change color.

One can create clones of the panel and assign particular planes to those panels and they would have changes to the font color, but what we need is a way to change the font, easily. If only the original route of changing font color and font type in the aircraft config were working. It would be so nice…

I have not been successful in finding a way to change (easily) the font for one plane. Can we see a fix that will enable us to better and more easily change fonts for particular planes? please please please please please…

Bill Ortis
Lionheart Creations

The only way I’ve been able to change the font is to make a customized Registration class. Have a look at Packages\Official\Steam\asobo-vliveries\html_ui\Pages\VLivery\Liveries\Registration\ Those 3 files will need to be copied/modified to your project to call from the panel.cfg. So instead of Registration.html?... it’ll be YourCustomHtml?...

What you’ll specifically need to change is in the Registration.css. You’ll need to change the @font-face sections the src: lines in them should point to your custom .ttf file.

2 Likes

Thanks for the location of those files and the idea to customize the registration texture. That will come in useful.

From that .js file we can see that we can control all of these parameters by default: font_scale, font_color, font_style( bold, italic, bold-italic ), stroke_size, back_color and location( interior, exterior ) .