Adjust runway edge light distance?

Does anyone know if there’s a way to adjust the distance edge lights are from the runway? Smaller airports with 50 ft wide runways are generating lights way too far from the edge.

As far as I know the runway lighting adjustments in the SDK are a bit janky at the moment. I have the same issue with the airport I’m working on, where runway edge lights cross taxiways. Don’t believe there’s a solution for this just yet. What we really need is a Custom Lighting toolkit.

The latest sdk update lists a new airport light system. I was hoping we’d have the ability to adjust these lights now, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Just saw one of the developers over at Aerosoft actually saying it is possible with this new system! So I actually went to this forum to see if there was any info to be found, no luck so far though.

The post you linked to talks about taxiway lights. I’m really referring to runway edge lights and how far away they are rendered from the runway edge. Smaller width runways have edge lights too far away (see screenshot above) and that creates orientation problems for a pilot landing at night (the runway will appear wider than it actually is.)

I loaded into Dev mode, and there are still no options to control how far away from the runway edge lights are rendered.

I know you are talking about the runway edge lights, but considering he is talking about the new airport lightning system, I would assume that also includes stuff like the runway edge lights!? No?

But just like you I haven’t been able to find any options to control them, neither for taxi lights or runway edge lights :frowning:

I would really like to just place single lights (and also be able to create them in max). No “lighting system” will ever be flexible enough.
This really can’t be that hard. I wish asobo woud direct their resources towards such pressing things instead of features with questionable value (grouping, element names,…).