Advice sought on choice of 3 new 27 inch matching monitors

I have been researching new monitors - have finally decided that I want 3 identical 27 inch size, with adjustable height a definite requirement. Physical space restrictions means max size I can contemplate is 27 inches.

My existing system should be fine to run the 3 monitors at 2560 X 1440 (I have hooked up 3 x 24 inch monitors as a “trial”, at 1920 x 1200 in MSFS, and like the setup very much indeed).

I am considering the following:

1. iiyama G-Master GB2760QSU-B1

2. Acer Nitro XV270Pbmiiprx

3. AOC Gaming Q27G2S

The prices on Amazon here in the UK are all much the same - £264/£255/£270

Comments/advice on any of the above would be appreciated, especially if anyone actually has any of these models - also happy for suggestions of makes/models I have maybe overlooked.

Thanks in advance, Alasdair (aka FlyBasher)

1 Like

Keep in mind that 1080p has far less pixels than 2550x1440 (i mean duh right?) Just because you can do it in FHD doesn’t mean it’ll run the same trying to render 3 times the amount of pixels. If you say your system will handle it, i’ll take it at face value.

Plus the game runs better and looks equally phenomenal at 1080p. I have 2x of the following and eventually will pick up a 3rd from Microcenter and most everything i play looks just fine. my only gripe is is it’s not adjustable (but VESA mount ready) and the clouds are a bit pixelated when viewed from under 1 mile away but i think that’s a sim issue…

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-1080P-Monitor-VA27DQ-Adaptive-sync/dp/B093F8589L/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=asus+27+inch+monitor&qid=1672959620&sprefix=asus+27"%2Caps%2C170&sr=8-4&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0

If youre dead set on 4K going triple monitor view, just again remember you’re going to be trying to render over 33 million pixels.

Side note, if desk real estate is at a premium, i’d recommend a mounting arm. They’re on the pricey side sometimes almost as much as the monitor itself but it will open up your options for monitors (4K and FHD)

1 Like

Portalearth420 - Many thanks indeed for this input - I take on board what you say about looking so good even at 1080p, thus helping with keeping the frame rate up.
Another query for you if I may - as MSFS will (I think) be the only game I use the triple monitor setup for, if I buy a 1440p monitor for the centre, and then a couple of 1080p monitors for the sides, might this be OK?
I am thinking that when using the centre monitor for other games/stuff, it could be running 1440p, but if I am in MSFS I believe I can “turn this down” to 1080p in the game itself (Options/General/Graphics?), thus giving me the best of both worlds?
I know very little about all this stuff, so I may very well be totally missing the point!
Are you able to comment on this idea please?
Regards, Alasdair (aka FlyBasher)

beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That said, yes but not really. If the sides are running at 1920x1080 and the center is running 2550x1440 you run the risk of having some weird scaling issues since you’ve got at least at 25% difference in the amount of pixels between the center and at least one of the side monitors.

Yes, you can set the game to run at 1920x1080p but have like idk Minecraft run at 1440 on the center (idk what else you plan to play lol)

1 Like

Don’t do it - you really need all three monitors to be identical or you get odd scaling issues and the image will never flow well from the main to sides. :wink:

1 Like

On a purely pedantic point… I used to run 3 x LG 24" monitors and thought they were great (which they were but had limitations). Also, the bezels became v annoying and FPS definitely suffered as the CPU/GPU struggled to render over such a large area.

I now have a single Alienware 38" and although it has a narrower field of view - boy what an improvement (both in viewpoint perspective as well as performance)

Have you considered an ultrawide instead, which will cost you around the same as x 3 monitors?

1 Like

Noted - thank you. I now fully take on board the 3 monitors should all be identical.

1 Like

Scaling issues noted - agree I should get 3 identical monitors. Thanks for the input.

Hi WieldyChunk…
Thanks for the post - initially I had decided against an ultrawide, simply because I was worried about the loss of “height” in the view.
Would it be possible for you to post a pic please of your monitor running MSFS, with something like the Cessna 172, “default” cockpit view please, so that I can compare this to what I am used to seeing on a single monitor?
And if you could confirm if you have ajdusted the “zoom” to something different from the default 50%, I can review if I should not worry about the narrower field of view.
Many thanks in advance, Alasdair