Aero Dynamics DC-10 / KC-10 for MSFS

The issue there is the Orbis DC-10 is actually an MD-10, and there are no plans for MD avionics. That said, there will probably be a fictional Orbis livery for the DC-10 freighter.

Well, the original ORBIS DC-10 was a series 10 model, then FEDEX donated the MD-10 as the replacement.

No they’re not a pain to fly at all. But thanks for xbox bashing

The DC-10-10 is currently unconfirmed, but if it is, it more than likely will get an Orbis livery, if not both liveries it wore during it’s service.

If you make a default livery for this… Im definitely in…

Image from vintage airlines facebook

2 Likes

I’d be first in line for this classic aircraft! It looks stunning, but I just wonder, will wing flex be introduced later?

Wingflex is already present on the model, though it isn’t much as the DC-10 had quite stiff wings.

Wow a DC-10 freighter! A true classic. Even with flight engineer panel. Will it be study-level and the cockpit fully functional like all good airliners should be? :wink:

(Don´t worry too much about the circuit breaker fuses, that´s a bonus only a handful of airplanes have and missing circuit breakers does not mean it´s no longer study-level.)

I want to see this beauty:

3 Likes

The intention is for it to be study level, yes. Circuit breakers would be nice, and we’ve got diagrams showing the pattern for them, but it’s a gigantic “If” and probably won’t be in the end product, but never say never. Don’t forget the pax version too, there will be plenty of nice liveries and routes to fly with that.

2 Likes

I think it would be best (ok, I admit i eagerly awaiting it) to get the basic flight dynamics and essential systems as in normal operations working, so we all get the enjoyment of flying the real thing in a routine situation. While all failures and circuit breakers for the sake of really study level can be added if possible to further improve on it.

Imo as a freeware I must show my respect to you guy’s passion. And for such addon I can’t demand anything deeper than normal operational systems and flight behaviour tbh. See how many payware can’t get it done right, not to say really deep failure systems

Having a tanker isn’t about needing a “war mode” its about simulating operations. It take a lot of practice to conduct an inflight refueling, and I for one am super excited about getting the KC-10 when it releases. A group of us have been exploring the world in “fast jets”, and we often need some extra fuel to get from place to place…

2 Likes

YES ME Too!!!

2 Likes

Exactly… I just want to fly and learn all aspects, and do stuff. Zero need for a “war mode”, and I don’t need to be able to drop weapons, and the last thing I want is people harrassing me while I’m flying. I like to have real traffic and interact with other pilots, but I don’t need anybody thinking they’re being funny by shooting me down while I’m minding my own business.

But it would be pretty darn cool to be able to do things like the Sunrun cross-country flight with other people and be able to aerial refuel them…

Around ten or twelve years ago in FSX, there was a mod which simulated A2A refuelling and we as a group, used it often. It required close and sustained proximity to a simulated hose and keeping that close proximity pumped simulated but very useable fuel into your tanks. It made you concentrate certainly and with comms amd procedures being available, worked like a charm. Get ATC to vector you if you didnt have radar onboard, call up the tanker and off you go. Genreally we simulated this with the L39 as receiver and the 737 as a tanker. It is brilliant to do and a lot of fun especially if you go about it half way seriously.

As an aside, I consider myself very lucky to have been on a refuelling flight and it is possibly one of the top three most memorable aviation days that I have experienced in my life. Glider aerobatics ccame fourth :slight_smile:

PS If there were a refuelling mode, I would hope that it would include hose and drogue as well as the boom method. Easier for the developer and the complications of a boom operator might be removed.

The intention is to definitely have comprehensive failures, and the possibility of stuff like circuit breakers, but both will likely come out after the aircraft is released. However, it is unlikely to be released with mere basic functionality, as all of the systems(electric, hydraulic, pneumatic, avionics) need to be accurately implemented before proper release. This will likely take time, but hopefully not too much time.

Would love to see it on Xbox

To those interested, I have purchased and scanned a handbook on the AINS-70 that goes into depth about basically every possible aspect of the system. To my knowledge, this is the first real information on it available publicly online, and you can read it in the link below! Our hope is to accurately represent as many of the functions as possible, so pilots flying the DC-10 are able to not only use the period correct tech available, but easily perform modern procedures without the workload and headache of more simple systems available around the same time.

You can read the handbook here: AINS_Handbook.pdf - Google Drive

3 Likes

Welcome everyone to our newest drop, I hope everyone is having a very happy Halloween.

There has been significant progress on our DC-10-30F model, and we’re proud to present that and some of the liveries included.

Along with that, there has been a secret model we have planned to include, and that’s finally been announced as the DC-10 Tanker for Firefighting.

We are also finally ready to show the cockpit progress we have made, after many months of laboring over it, with accurate proportions thanks to scans of the real aircraft cockpit we have done.

In addition, the electrical system for the most part has been finished for the time being, and there have been some updates to displays, as well as beginning work on the EFB.

Lots of progress has been made, but there’s a lot to go from here, and we are more than happy to have anyone with experienced in aircraft development for MSFS join the team and accelerate the process. I’ll leave you all with a few extra pics, and we’ll see you in the next drop in February.

26 Likes

Wow, look at those cockpit details, I forgot this would be a freeware.

Will it work with Simbrief?