AERO-WORKS Inc. AEROLIGHT 103 won't fly

I purchased the Aerolight 103 and it will not fly.
I have removed and redownloaded 3 times and still no joy. I have tried all 3 controllers: Yoke, Stick, and X-Controller. It’s the same result for all of them.
The max speed on the ground is 23 knots. The brake seems to stick in the ‘ON’ position and cannot be changed. On the runway it stutters along squeaking all the time. The plane either nosedives or tips up. What, if anythig, am I doing wrong?
I don’t know how to get a refund on this item. It’s not a cheap add-on at £13+. Any help welcomed.

Are you using the Modern flight model, or Legacy?

Also check you don’t have any double bindings for things like brakes.

This article may help with the refund question:

You dont need a refund. It works with no problems for me so check your setup, reversed brakes etc

I assume its the modern. I’ve checked as many bindings as I can and don’t see any conflicts. I use pedals, Hotas Thrustmaster or Saiko yoke. All these work perfectly well for all my other planes.

1 Like

Any chance you can let me know what you have set-up because I’m at a loss. Everything works for every other plane I have including the 103 SOLO.

Don’t assume. Please go into Options/General/Flight Model. Make sure it’s set to Modern.

1 Like

Thank you BJ77. That did the trick. Not known about that before, so a new bit of knowledge obviously goes a long way. It’s going to be interesting to see how that affects my other planes.

2 Likes

Someone explained Legacy vs Modern and now that I have changed it to Modern it works perfectly. Thanks for your input.

1 Like

Great. Modern is the default. I have assumed that some people change this when they see it activates those sliders for realism, and what not. I think this is poor wording, and legacy should have a disclaimer on that page that it is for imported FSX planes only.

2 Likes

I would agree with that. It would have saved me a lot of time and frustration. All chilled now though! :crazy_face:

2 Likes