Aeroplane Heaven Chipmunk on its way (And now released)

You really should go - they are quite sedate (unless you want them to do otherwise). My instructors were always kind enough to ask me first, if I was willing to try rolls and loops before we did them.

There is one at my local airfield that is available for experience flights, but I am 3kg over their maximum rear seat weight, so I’m on a strict diet right now (still…) :smiley:

Yeah I’m sure I will do at some point. Its had engine problems in the past though and the engine has had to be removed and serviced. It doesn’t fill me with confidence :wink:

I’ve been up in a Chipmunk a couple of times back in the 80’s when I was in the air cadets. Good fun. I seem to remember it being very noisy. I hope Aeroplane Heaven have managed to capture the feel in their new version. Looking forward to it anyway.

1 Like

From what I remember, they glide very well! :wink:

1 Like

Saw over on the SOH Forum thread that the website is now live for the Chipmunk but not available just yet. Gotta be close!

Cockpit and flying guide

That’s a must for me, had a few air experience flights in Chipmunks back when I was in the Air Training Corps (showing my age!) but it was just before they retired them before being replaced with the Bulldog!

Remember the pre flight safety video?
This may rekindle some memories!

5 Likes

Haven’t seen that in a few years!!

This post is now 9 days old. Imminent isn’t the word I would use.

1 Like

I’m hoping your comment pushes them to release this already :sweat_smile:

Oxford dictionary: imminent
adjective “about to happen”.

Whenever I see “release is imminent” I immediately take that as “sometime in the next year or so”, which, too me, is pretty cool we’ll have it soon.

I take it to mean “within a month.” A year is a stretch. Every other developer would say “sometime in 2022” or “sometime in Q3” or even “this/next year” if they did not mean “very, very soon.” Not only did they say imminent, they said “coming VERY soon” in their original promo :laughing: It’s all good, I have very low expectations for this dev but I’d be lying to say I wasn’t excited about this particular addon (sorry, “toy.”)

The 5 or so page brochure (I wouldn’t call it a manual, but they did include a full POH) is available on their site now, which makes me think we’re looking at a week or two-ish?

Yeah, in that context then, I agree. I interpreted the “imminent” to be from the OP, not necessarily from the developer. The word, however, is in their Facebook post from June 21, 2022. I agree, that should mean in the next month (or two, you never know what you might run into in the last minute).

Given SU10 isn’t until August, I assume a release date of soon is fairly safe for the time being. All bets are off on release of SU10.

1 Like

From that June 21st post.
Capture

1 Like

Ah, good call on SU10. I could see them waiting, though @VortecMalibu’s post seems to indicate it could be today!

1 Like

Sadly, this is going to have to be a “buy” for me… sigh.

I have more planes than I can fly now… smh

:smiley:

2 Likes

I’m sure it’ll be out in the next day or two, unless there’s been a technical issue with it. I’m definitely going to get it. Whether or not its a day one purchase I don’t know. I’ve just bought so many great planes recently and I’ve not had a chance to really get to know any of them.

Jeez. It’ll be ready when it’s done. I’d rather wait a few days longer and have it be solid. I don’t think deleting the entire thread because they might have used an adjective that read differently to some than intended is quite called for.

They used that word to mean soon, as in “not November.” It’s only been two days since “imminent.” If I can’t fly it by Canada Day, I might be disappointed, but given that the web purchase page is live and just awaiting a “buy” button, and the manual is up, I’m sure it’ll be available soon and folks can channel their outrage towards a fuzzy texture on the back of the instructor seat or something instead of the release date. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m already prepared to complain about the terrible harness textures :laughing: just kidding… sort of…

2 Likes

10 days, they said it on June 13th in their FB post “release is imminent.” I’m not worked up over it, just pointing that out. I’d argue we’re still more or less within the vague confines of “imminent.”