Aeroplane Heaven DC-3 for MSFS

The only book you need to read:

https://www.bookdepository.com/Fate-is-Hunter-Ernest-K-Gann/9781908059024

7 Likes
7 Likes

Agreed, it’s excellent. I read it multiple times already.

2 Likes

It is amazing–as are all of Gann’s books. I only wish that they’d re-release them on Kindle–I’d repurchased every single one of them.

1 Like

The Haynes Workshop Manual series has a good one on the Dakota, the military version of the DC-3. The book has a good history, lots of historical photos, and focuses on the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Dakota with tons of colour images of every nook and cranny of that aircraft.

2 Likes

weeks ago I posted a request about the Colombian airlines that still operate the DC3

with some of the classic videos of Colombian DC3

Sadly I haven’t enough time to gather more information about destinations and timetables. This weekend I would try to checkout at flightaware and flightradar searching for more info.

Fate is the hunter is available on Kindle, that’s where i read it many many times

2 Likes

Hi, thanks. Could you provide a link–I can’t seem to find any of Gann’s book on Kindle at the Amazon store. On the eBooks site, I get a “this eBook” is not available in your country (USA)" note. Perhaps that is why I’m not finding it on Amazon?

Yes, this is a great book. Excellent recommendation.

1 Like

I just finished reading this, which was a fascinating read about a topic I knew little about and is rarely, if ever, mentioned in popular and not-so-popular topics on military aviation. The DC-3 played a major part in Air Transport Command.

2 Likes

Anxiously waiting.
I’ve flown the Aeroworx freeware DC3 for Xplane which is quite good, systems are not deep but for a freeware it is really good.
I also got the Vskylabs DC3 for XP11 that is probably the worst add-on I’ve seen (considering it is payware), if you put a pilot in their cockpit he will never guess he is in a DC3.

About Aeroplane Heaven I read a lot of bad feedback about them, I really don’t think they can do it worst than Vskylabs and I hope it can be better than Aeroworx. Hopefully!

3 Likes

I’ve had this book for 25+ years. By Arthur Dearcy, called “Fifty Glorious Years: A Pictorial Tribute to the Douglas DC-3”.

Looks like there’s some used versions out there.

4 Likes

Ah that may be the problem, I bought it on amazon.de as I am in Europe

1 Like

This is the exact DC3 I used to fly. She’s pretty rustic up front!

6 Likes

My first DC-3 experience.
A long time ago…

4 Likes

For me the test for AH will be if they get the sound right this time: their F3F and P51 justifiably received a lot of flack for the poor sound implementation.

Agree with you about Aeroworx
:+1:

1 Like

Way back when AH was going to release this they did a video about the sound. This is a full Wwise sound pack created by a pro sound designer.

I just hope MS lets them release the paintkit… Is it too early to start requesting liveries? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really dying to see how good or bad this one is.
Two looooong days

I suppose that to ask an deep engine simulation like the Manfred Jahn’s C47 is demand too much to this version, isn’t?

was best ever,a shame it is not in 2020…as a betatester at this one i still miss it…i like to pay for this one if it ever comes back inkl. all features :heart_eyes:

1 Like