Aeroplane Heaven DC-3 for MSFS

What about the Beaver? Is that yours in the trailer? Looks like it judging by that canoe (I am pretty sure I saw it in your screenshots).

Manfred has retired from flightsim development. I’m a minor member of his beta team and have that from him directly. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news about the C-47/DC-3. But I’d say he’s earned his time off.

7 Likes

as Alan say,also a ex Betatester of the MJ C47,i can only hope that it get Mods for the AH. and i miss ouer Baby…
but maybee it get right,so have to wait :grinning:

cheers Ralf

3 Likes

Hey, Ralf - good to see you here!

I thought the AH DC-3 was pretty decent once they fixed the startup and the hamburger-door-open-for-engine-start thing, so I’m guardedly optimistic about this one.

4 Likes

Hey Alan
Yes,but the MJ was my favorit all Time Plane,spent so many Houers…
feel at home at this one…remember all the good time we have when we Test,
was my best Time in Flightsim :+1:
miss Nancy and the Copilot…
and it is posible,see Redwing and the B247

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more!

Even the PMDG DC-3 (if/when they get around to it) will take second place to Manfred’s.

Haven’t yet tried the Redwing. But the 247 is fantastic - closest thing we’ve got to a successor.

Drifting off topic, though, so I’ll just say - I hope AH and Asobo deliver.

1 Like

Alan,try the Redwing ,i get the same feel as our C47,it is so close,even Voices,Failtures,and a nice Team behind :+1:
the 247 and the Redwing-l1049 are my Daily Planes at moment :heart_eyes:
feel home again…i hope to say this also to AH :+1:

2 Likes

If anyone has missed it, the DC-3 should be coming out in November as part of a Fight Simulator 40th Anniversary pack and it will be FREE! Looks awesome :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ll definitely have a look at the Redwing. Though my experience with the PMDG DC-6 is that, excellent as it is, it needs formal flight planning and management of the profile. That’s more work than I often have time for, and speaking personally, I don’t find it relaxing. It’s work.

Whereas rumbling along at 5,000 feet…

Which is why we need this DC-3 to come out right…:sunglasses:

5 Likes

+1 :+1:
as the Redwing,it does,if you want,and i like this Option,and it is relaxing :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Exactly!
I love the DC-6 but it‘s not a casual after-work bird.
Now, there is the Goose and the Boeing, but I‘m really longing for a larger twin radial like the Dakota (wouldn’t mind a C-46 or C-119 either).
Just too bad it’s still months away…

1 Like

My sentiments, exactly. “Study-level” - no thank you.

hopefully aeroplane heaven adds this livery

1 Like

Microsoft flight simulator and Aeroplane heaven are designing it together!

I’m wondering if they are going to use a 1mm accurate 3D scan from the Smithsonian’s DC3 / C47 or at least compare the AH model to one. I would expect that both partners and the Smitty want to present their best for the 40th Anniversary Edition

Is there any info about how detailed it’s going to be?

I kinda doubt that. More like Aeroplane Heaven are designing it, and Microsoft bought it and sticks it in the game. After all this was a regular 3rd party project before the 40th Anniversary announcement.

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

All the other planes where they did the 1mm measuring were created by 3rd party developers as well. It is possible. Whether or not they did is the question.

1 Like

Another encrypted plane with impossibility to correct issues and fine tune it !
B…t 2.0 !
:angry:

3 Likes

The developer has the ability to submit a patch to MS.