Aerosoft CRJ - How to save/load flight plans?

From what I’ve read, you should be able to save a flight plan that you created in the FMS and then reload it for a later flight. I can’t seem to get this to work though. I saved a recent flight plan, later I went to reload it. I saw the saved flight available (along with the two demo flights that Aerosoft provides) but when I loaded it, the only thing that showed was the flight number. All other fields were blank.

What am I doing wrong here?

I am trying to follow the tutorial (Vol 3 PDF in the documentation). It mentions that you can load a flight plan. However I cannot get it to work. I have tried selecting the CRJ before loading the flight plan, but that doesn’t help either. I am stuck and cannot progress in the tutorial.

Filbert Flies has a very straight forward tutorial on how to load a flight plan with simbrief. “The Dude” is more in depth but watch the CRJ tutorials from Filbert Flies first and you should be good to go.

Also, use simbrief and make it a habit. It’s a life saver.

I’m not familiar with Sim Brief, what are its advantages?

Right now I pull my flight data from Flight Aware. They provide altitude and waypoint data and by zooming in, you can determine runways and SID/STARs used

Well for starters, the database is powered by Navigraph. But most importantly, it seamlessly integrates with a wide variety of 3rd part aircrafts. In the A32NX for example, all you have to do is enter you Simbrief username in the flypad and the flightplan automatically loads through the cloud.

It also supports airframes for pretty much most 3rd party aircrafts.

All it takes is a little tutorial and time on Youtube and you’ll be a convert and you won’t use anything else with airliners and jets (CJ4, CRJ etc…).

1 Like