Aerosoft crj issues

Hello

I have been having some issues with the crj and I cant find anything on google for these. When on takeoff roll I have full response from the elevator, I’ve even checked it is moving up and down, the planes nose refuses to leave the ground. I am using the honeycomb so I don’t know if that is causing any issues. When flying at cruise level the autopilot just randomly starts climbing at 3000 fpm and when descending it refuses to follow the vertical speed I have set and keeps climbing.

Any suggestions?

Please move the airplane in the air - normally this is keyboard Y - and check in the air that you can bring the airplane to level flight. A more sopisticated tipp is to switch on “force vector” display. You get only uplift if the vector arrow point up. To enable it switch on DevMode, then select Aircraft Editor, Debug, Sim Forces.
Because CRJ is payware, I have heard, the sales men can help, too.

Did you set the takeoff trim?

Yes I have set take off trim, I have to pull all the way back 4 or 5 times and then if I’m lucky it comes up. Thank you I will try these methods.

After testing putting the aircraft into the air I have control as soon as I’m in the air

It is noticeably harder than any of the default aircraft to get into the air, but I’m not sure if that is not how it is supposed to be

Solution: Crj refusing to lift off - General Discussion - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES

For me, it turns out that the failure to rotate issue was because the performance page can bug when fiddling with the loads between the sim and the aircraft (for me it was happening by loading an FSE flight). If the green dot showing the CG is not on the chart then I get the rotate issue. Plus I noticed that without hitting ‘enter’ on the EFB keypad my V speeds were very low, and thus rotation was being indicated before the lift was generated. As long as the green dot is on the chart, and the trim setting is a green number, and the V speeds are properly calculated it rotates fine for me. But, it is easy to not notice that the CG or trim or Vspeeds are wrong, and that will cause huge issues. I was frustrated because I was on modern flight model and I was having the no rotate problem but turns out, it is a bug in the system that I was not fxing before TO. For me, treating the performance page gently and making sure to hit enter on the keypad gives the correct V speeds, a green trim setting number, the green dot stays in bounds, and the plane rotates as expected.
Edit: I wanted to note that once the green dot bugs / disappears for me, there is nothing I can do to bring it back aside from restarting the flight.

2 Likes

I am now able to take off but the vertical speed setting works for a while and then it trims up to max and starts ascending at 12000 fpm

What about Take Off mod? Did you press?

Anyone has problems when select the ils or rnav in the FMS? Sometimes the screen it is freezing and then yo can’t press any button

I have the opposite problem where the plane lifts off on its own well before Vr.

Did you set the trim before takeoff?

I’ve flown several times now and I don’t see any issues. But I know there are some bugs that Aerosoft is fixing. The “Enter” key thing was mentioned by The Dude in his video tutorial.

Yes I believe so.

My workaround for this - not only Aerosoft CRJ - problem: put airplane in air with keyboard key Y, let it fly for some seconds, put it down to ground again with keyboard key Y. Now the engine works again.

Nick, it would be helpful to see a video. It’s hard to understand the circumstances under which this happens

Maybe check your assists options, to make sure that your “helpful” co-pilot isn’t overriding your commands.

Hey guys thanks for all of your responses, however if you are having this issue it seemed to be an easy fix of setting the flight model to modern, this fixed the VR rotation and the AP issues, the filbert flies video helped a lot as well.

Thanks