Aerosoft CRJ On Sale

If anyone’s been holding off on purchasing this truly amazing sim, it’s now on sale over on Aerosoft’s website. $35.69. A fantastic deal IMO.

5 Likes

30% off, I may fell for it if it has good reviews (can I trust the grades on the market place)

It is a beautiful aircraft that I really recommend! A joy to fly!

4 Likes

I hope for a black friday sale or a christmas sale :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Of course it went on sale like a week after I bought it… :joy: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

For me, it‘s the perfect plane for short flights, 200-300 miles.
Keeps me busy, and that‘s what I look for while simming.
After the latest patch, I do not have issues with the CRJ anymore - it handles like a charm

3 Likes

Got it from orbx just to avoid aerosoft’s app.

I read comments that ILS was buggy, is it fixed now?
Thanks

I think the latest patched fixed that. I don’t have any issues with it anymore.

1 Like

I think the ILS is fixed and use it daily. The CRJ is currently my main “go-to” airliner for short regional flights. Currently using it for “A Pilots Life” flights and flying for Lufthansa. Its a great aircraft. Im happy to answer questions on using it if needed and will help as much as I can…

2 Likes

It is a great deal, excellent plane, I would recommend it to everyone, especially at that price!

1 Like

Its a great aircraft, the closest thing we have to a full fidelity liner IMO. The only real issue with it currently is the agressive pitch up when activating autopilot late. For example if you hand fly a full departure. This can be counteracted by pushing on the yoke as the AP re-trims. Other than that its great fun to fly

1 Like

I see it on sale only on the Aerosoft website so I guess it is the only place where i should get it

Me too. So far I bought five airports from Aerosoft and roughly 35 from OrbX. I wish their cross-licensing deal would have been available earlier. Let’s hope they add more products. Also, I keep on waiting for Just Flight to appear on OrbX for MSFS.

Brilliant. Cheers for posting this news.

1 Like

If I could pick your brain - is the FMS / autopilot capable of flying a DME arc that’s part of a published STAR? Also, is there any downside to using “autotune” in the FMS? The tutorial flight touched on this but I didn’t quite follow. Any ngo is much appreciated.

John

Hi John!
For the first question, are you referring to an VNAV approach, similar to a 737 or 320? If so, then no, you have to adjust Vspeed manually and set the arc on the waypoint you want to meet.

For the next one, when you say autotune, are you meaning capturing the localizer on final for an ILS approach or something?

The CRJ does fly RNAV approaches but it won’t do DME arcs.

1 Like

Hello,

I’m aware that the sim (and the real jet) doesn’t do VNAV. This was regarding a STAR that, as part of the approach, required a 10.0 mile DME arc before turning to intercept the localizer. Just wondering if there is anyway to have the autopilot/ FCM fly this arc or if I have to hand-fly it (which I’m not very good at).

Regarding Autotune, the FCM has an option to turn this on or off. If on, can I assume that all NAV / ILS frequencies will automatically be tuned at the appropriate time?

Hi, there is a VNAV option and it works pretty well. No way to get this birds FMC to fly a DME arc. Your hand flown DME arcs are bound to improve now! I always hand tune the ILS frequency just to make sure all is set up correctly. I meant RNAV in my previous post, doh. I’ll change that.

1 Like