Aerosoft CRJ - Really struggling with this aircraft

To simply answer your question
1, you set the EFB to set your state simple
2. There is a check list
3. No tool tips you dont go in a a cockpit and get tool tips, read the extensive manuals that came with this payware.

Its not a plane you just want to get up in the air and just fly…I am not a pilot…would never pretend but its a sim, where you have to learn.

The idea is to learn…I think as a non pilot,would find simming very boring if I just put throttle forward and lift off…yay I am up in the air…NOW WHAT

1 Like

Rotation problems are a weight and balance issue. The step this thread left out to tell you is during aircraft selection page…set fuel and payload to 0, and then she you get into the plane set your passengers and fuel and click send to sim TWICE. If you do that and set your flaps and trim, you should have no problems…

I’ve been flying the CRJ daily since initial release and before people found out about the W&B trick I did notice delayed rotation, I’ve never seen it since following the rules to load the plane at zero weight.

1 Like

There is a problem with the throttles 70% max power.
They admitted this in their update and are still working on the issue.
My CRJ is also in the hangar waiting for a fix.

My problam are definitely not me not reading the instruction manual I’ve only used this plane now for probably 4 hours in total and each time I’ve tried it there had been a problam
So I had frozen display screens. In fact the whole plane had frozen up. All this display did not move. Heading bug not move. Autopilot not work

Aircraft does not hold a speed I set in auto pilot
Can’t get the aircraft to climb or cruise stable because I can’t control the speed

If I make a wrong input in the fmc I cannot delete it. I click on the delete button and i get the word delete pop up in yellow at the bottom of the fmc. I push delete it still stays there. I can still input information but it get inserted after the word delete appears. Then the above happens and it’s game over

To shut down the aircraft engines the throttles 1 snd 2 get moved to shut off position after I lift up the red catches at the back of the leavers yes?
Well I try all that and nothing happens. I’ve tried with throttle quadrant nothing happens. I’ve tried setting it as a key bind and still nothing. I use the mouse to try it manually and still nothing. With the mouse the throttle just erraticly bounces as if it wants to do what I ask but somthing else is stopping it. Then the throttle just goes back to stable position
Only way I can’t shut down is by clicking cold and dark in aircraft state on ipad in cockpit
If the screens stop as I mentioned I can’t do nothing to shut down as nothing works

None of that is documentation reading. That’s issues and I’ve only used this as I said prob 4 hours tops

You DO know the speed is not maintained by autopilot outside of climb/descend mode, right? The speed mode is used INSTEAD of the VS mode.

For anyone having problems with the CRJ, I’d strongly recommend watching the Dude’s tutorial videos on YouTube, and then doing the same flight and copying what he does as closely as possible. For a start, this is proof that a flawless flight in this thing is possible provided you have a detailed understanding of the systems.
It’s not a plane you can just jump in and fly without doing a bit of homework, regardless of how experienced a simmer you are. It won’t hold your hand, and on a short flight you will be busy from start to finish, but it’s very good fun to learn.
My favourite plane so far in MSFS, and a pointer for the future.

Or do the 1 hr quick flight tutorial from Filbert Flies first,excellent quick start before the more in depth videos from the Dude ( which are just as good btw).

So a bug then. A real aircraft of this type will NOT oscillate like this. The Longitude does the same on autopilot in NAV mode. Heading mode is fine. So it has nothing to do with wind.

For me this issue is only present in strong winds. And just to clarify: I am not saying it isn’t a bug. A temporary fix that workes for me, slowing down and getting back on track with heading mode.

I’m new to jets, I’ve spent the last 6 months or so learning GA, so I’ve got a big learning curve, which I like. I found a book this morning that so far, about 25% through, is going to be a huge help with learning to fly this thing.

The book is The Turbine Pilot’s Flight Manual. It maybe wouldn’t be helpful to people with jet experience, or maybe it would, but for a beginner it’s fantastic.

Another really cool thing is learning about the systems in the real aircraft, then reading the documentation from Aerosoft and seeing how closely it’s modeled off the real plane. It definitely adds to the appreciation of the work that went into it.

Good luck, y’all.

1 Like

That’s nice that you can meld reality (the manual) to fantasy (MSFS).

It’s what it’s all about - immersion and believability.

For some reason I am unable to post this morning…any ideas?

Did you put lead in your pencil? I always find that helps.

Read the FMC manual that comes with the plane - it explains exactly how to use the FMC. To delete, press the delete key as you’ve done and then press the line select key for the line you want to delete

1 Like