Aerosoft CRJ requirements

I saw on the page that the Aerosoft CRJ mentioned some system requirements. What if you don’t meet them? Will the aircraft refuse to work?

In particular I mean if you don’t have 16GB of RAM, will the aircraft still function?

It looks like they just copied the recommended specs for the game itself.
As long as the sim works, the plane should work too. But for this sim you should really have 16GB of RAM, regardless of the plane.

I actually use 8GB of RAM and my simulator runs really well on mostly Medium Settings (with a GTX 1060 6GB). I really want to get the Aerosoft CRJ but I will not purchase it if it won’t work for me.

Update: Just bought the CRJ 550/700 and I absolutely love it. Definitely worth the money.

5 Likes

I’m still getting up to speed on this jet, there is much to learn (a process I really enjoy). I’ve found that even though it’s a very complex add-on, it doesn’t seem to have much/any impact on frame rates. Nice work Aerosoft!

Yeah, honestly it performs just like the 787 or A32NX, at least for me (fps wise). What I noticed immediately was the complexity, but I think it’s a very good addon and can’t wait to learn its systems more.

Read, read again and then do the Tutorial Flight (it’s also available on YouTube. The actual flight is probably around 40 min, the entire thing took me over 3 hrs. Lot of time spent in the manual and on pause trying to work through all the systems. Quite enjoyable for a nerd like me.

1 Like

Love this plane and the lack of auto-throttle forces you to pay attention pretty much the entire flight; even during cruise. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very true. On all of my other airliners I fly, I can leave my setup during cruise for hours and not worry about it. With the CRJ 550/700, I can watch YouTube during the cruise but I do ensure that I look back in MSFS frequently.

1 Like