Aerosoft delays Honeycomb Bravo pre-orders to August/September

Just as an fyi, for those looking to buy a Honeycomb Bravo this Spring, apparently production has fully stopped due to the global shortage in semiconductors. Expectations are no units are shipped until August/September this year. I got this e-mail today:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your pre-order.

Unfortunately, we have to inform you that we are not able to ship your order within the indicated time frame.
Due to the global semiconductor shortage, which is currently affecting many markets across the industry, the production of the Honeycomb products has been temporarily stopped and the deliveries planned for Aerosoft are delayed.
The manufacturer informed us that we cannot expect further deliveries until August / September 2021.

As soon as we have further information regarding the production line and the deliveries, we will of course let you know as soon as possible.

We are very sorry for the delay and the inconveniences!

With kind regards,
Your Aerosoft Team

I received the same e-mail. I guess we can only remain patient and hope the Charlie will pop up regardless.

1 Like

I got an email from Aerosoft today as well, opened it with mixed feelings but luckily it’s saying that my Bravo is gonna be shipped in two weeks. I feel sorry for you guys.

1 Like

Great stuff @JustMicko, enjoy it!

I definitely will, thanks!

I just looked and Ebay has them ready to ship today. I went that route months ago when I figured out the pre orders where gonna take forever. Not worth the wait. I got the Alpha and Bravo in 3 days. They are really nice peripherals. Well constructed. Just cancel you pre orders and go get them on Ebay. Life’s short and you never know what tomorrow brings. Have fun flying!

If it wasn’t for the 160$ shipping costs I would have!

Like $17 shipping

Unfortunately not where I live, for me that link is 449,99$ for the Bravo itself and 99,95$ shipping. Lowest price difference I can find is still 120$ more than pre-order price, which is half a Honeycomb Charlie hehe

Unfortunately, Honeycomb does a bad job at communicating this properly. Nothing on their website, Facebook page or Twitter. Many customer inquiries can be found below the scarce Twitter and Facebook posts, yet no answers are provided. I sent them a mail a couple weeks ago about ETAs and just recently got a replay that basically reads “we don’t know”. I guess Honeycomb is a small manufacturer that has to queue in line and wait until those huge Chinese manufacturing plants fulfill larger customer orders. I would have assumed the “Microsoft partner” thing would have brought some leverage in securing production capabilities but that doesn’t seem to be the case. At least it is obvious that those X-Box specific hardware announcements won’t see the light of day any time soon. At least not on MSFS X-Box release date (whenever that will be).