[Aerosoft] - EDDN Flughafen Nürnberg / Nuremberg Airport

2 Likes

What does everyone think of Nuremberg? I flew a couple laps and took out the drone camera. All in all I think it is great. A few areas of blurry texturing but this is limited to the tops of roofs or other areas that really won’t make a difference.

The non-airside drive is very well done and I really felt the airport to be alive. I would hesitate in purchasing.

Now then! We’re looking forward to Filberts review.

1 Like

I have terrible fps…really bad. under 20 fps and stutters galore.

Just bought it yesterday and have flown both in and out of the airport. All in all, an excellent piece of scenery. I especially like the animations. The best third party scenery seems to be for UK and German airports. Wish that the designers would aspire to do better for airports in North America and other parts of Europe, especially Italy.

1 Like

If you go to Flightsim.to there are some excellent offerings from all over the world. Every country has it’s champions, there are 1361 Airports/Airfields for the USA.
Search for what you want, if it’s not there you can request it. The community has some real artists and a lot of them are visiting their magic in other countries

Two of my favourite Airports are St Just, Lands End in Cornwall, this is far superior to the Microsoft crafted version that came in WU3, and LOIJ St Johann in Austria, these are payware quality. I know it kind of makes your point but the add-ons are out there.

The big designer warehouses may not offer what you’re looking for but hordes of amateurs are, and they are getting better every day.

I have the version from Freds Airports and it‘s rather nice.

The Aerosoft/Captain7 EDDN is way better then the Freds Airports.
I have both and Captain7 needs some more FPS but is excellent!

3 Likes

Yes! It is :slight_smile:

The Captain7, can you remove the static aircraft? I use AIG for my ai traffic. It seems that other 3rd party’s add static aircraft. It would be nice to be able to remove a file to have no static. In fsx and P3D most of 3rd party’s gave you a choice.

Is there a comparison somewhere of eddn AS and Freds

I haven’t seen a comparison yet but it would be nice. My performance at this airport even with the A32NX FBW is great. My threshold of tolerability is generally something like FlyTampa Las Vegas. That airport for me is just a bit slow and some minor stutters but it’s ok for FBW.

I should have added that to get the best from Superspuds St Just, Lands End, you have to remove the Microsoft version in the Content manager.
It’s totally worth it :slight_smile: :+1:

thanks for your feedback, will be considered!

hmmm, we have zero complains or feedback about (really) bad FPS by now. So, yours is the first. What I know is that the Nuremberg region is somewhat CPU/GPU demanding even with the default airport active only. Would you mind maybe checking if there is a remarkable FPS drop compared to default?

Just to verify, because you wrote about 3rd party. These are the only static aircrafts/helicopter which are part of our scenery.

1 Like

Hi Captain,

I have had to reinstall my entire setup from scratch. I will check over Nurnberg tonight and post you my results.

Originally I was using it with AIG and getting bad fps drops and that was with using the A320neo, Kodiak and Twin Otter.

The fps issue seem to ease when I had no installation. For clarity, I had purchased a while ago Freds airports and that wasn’t great on the fps.

But as I mentioned, I have reinstalled and reorganised my community folder on another drive freeing up space and resources so ill try it out.

Cheers

1 Like

Hi Captain7, first of all congratulations on your brilliant implementation of EDDN. I already loved your version of EDDN for P3D and now I am blown away by your implementation for MSFS.

Two small graphic errors, which occur at least with me, I would like to show you however nevertheless

The first graphic error concerns the sinking of the landing gear on some areas of the airport.

The second graphic error, which occurs with me, are areas, in which the texture is missing. These areas are not static, but suddenly appear and disappear again. This phenomenon is also only visible from the cockpit. When switching to the outside camera, these areas are no longer visible.

Maybe this information will help you.

Greetings
christian

Have you had better FPS in EDDN after the reinstall?

Because i get really bad FPS in EDDN aswell. Doesn’t matter which addons scenery i install, FPS do absolutely suffer. From 60 down to sub 20.