Aerosoft Twin Otter baby!

Then they should have coded the lights to come on when the spoiler event is triggered!

1 Like

According to POH the beta light annunciator will only come on when the prop is below 9 degrees. Normally the governor stops the prop at 11 degrees in flight (as long as the power lever isn’t moved below flight idle).
The light will usually only come on when on the ground in reverse - otherwise it’s a serious failure.

News about the sounds from Mathijs Kok. They are now receiving recorded sounds.

9 Likes

Awesome! This made me so happy.

Now comes the difficult bit :smiley:

So maybe I’ll pull Twotter out of the hangar after all.

1 Like

Now I assume they need someone who knows how to use WWise effectively to build a sound pack from them?

Did anyone else think as I did?

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/171131-we-will-get-new-recording-very-soon/&do=findComment&comment=1095729

Yep, it’s all in the mix… but since I’m already happy with the FTSim+ sounds, I’d be more excited about the original Collins autopilot being made fully functional and the ‘replacement’ KAP140 being removed. The plane was fun for a while but the lack of the quirky, if not unique, Collins autopilot meant I lost interest after a couple of weeks.

1 Like

Yep. Can they blend them together properly so that they sound better than the current ones (which shouldn’t be hard as the current ones sound like a sack of cats being drowned)

Pleased they’ve taken steps to improve them, though. In all seriousness.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s where some planes let themselves down in here but this certainly ain’t the only one that springs to mind, it’s that abrupt change to the sounds sort of thing I’d of been happy with in fs2004 but not this day and age.

Is it correct that the spoiler issue has been fixed? Saw that was claimed on reddit.

I would be surprised if it was.

1 Like

Am I reading the backlog of the thread correctly? Sounds are being reworked? I know that was a major complaint most reviewers had of this add-on.

Also, this plane isn’t supported to work with in-cockpit GTN 750 mods is it?

no 750. It is also flying absolutely awful, at least on my system, with the new wind, etc. Tail moving all over the place, extreme banking on take off, etc… even with very mild winds. Sound will not be enough to make it a good plane. I also saw on the forums that it may take weeks or even months to get the sound updated, depending on when they get the files.

4 Likes

Shucks. I kicked myself last time it was on sale before I knew about this stuff. Guess it will stay on the wishlist for now!

Remember…that’s just one man’s opinion. I for one do not agree.

I purchased it months ago and did a trip around Greenland in it i knew after 3 flights i would never fly this again its flight dynamics are Awful only plane i regret buying… weirdly sounds never bothered me that much

2 Likes

Fair enough. A lot of people seem to be enjoying and having fun with it. I would say… wait for the next update and then make a decision. Last major update was early in march. I believe there was another one later that didn’t do much. Sim has changed so much in the meantime and I do think they need to refine the FM to improve the experience. At this point, FM needs more urgent attention than the sound, in my opinion.

Exploring Canada Twotter. Sounds fine fly’s fine. Don’t let the Debby downers (with agenda) influence you and prevent you from having a massive amount of fun.

2 Likes

i was under the distinct impression that you don’t really listen to the twotter while you are flying it around. the sounds are still not good, to the point that the dev is completely re-doing them. if you’re listening to music and not the plane, i understand why you like the sounds so much.

2 Likes