Honeycomb AFC Bridge causes ctd's

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?

d/or peripheral set up of relevant:`

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

My flightsim keeps on crashing due to Honeycomb software issues. I have tried to download the Honeycomb AFC bridge but the above message is still coming back. My knowledge of pc’s is nihil so this is for me a big problem. Who could give me a solution for this problem.
Sincereley, Walter

Hello @Matsko4934.

Did you try to deinstall the AFC_Bridge?
Does MSFS CTD without it?
I am assuming MSFS is currently crashing to desktop for you?

I don’t have any issues with AFC_Bridge.

Right click your AFC_Bridge folder make sure Share is available then click Advanced share and
see if permissions is allowed.

Screenshot (120)
Screenshot (121)
Screenshot (122)

Hello ITDreamFly, i have uninstalled AFC_Bridge and it seems my simulator is working again. But now i don’t have lights on my Honeycomb Bravo anymore. How do i resolve this problem?

Hello @Matsko4934.

I would download the newest version of AFC_Bridege and reinstall it.
See if this resolves the CTD issue.
If CTDs are reoccuring after reinstall, I would start further troubleshooting steps (contact me again if you need further assistance).

An interesting alternative to the AFC_Bridge could be the following, but I have not tried it yet and the author suggests that it may not be ready yet for use:
Better Bravo Lights » Microsoft Flight Simulator .

Topic moved to #third-party-addon-discussion:hardware , as a 3rd party application seems to cause the issue.

Hello IT Dreamfly, even without AFC Bridge the game keeps on crashing. So i think that the problem lies somewhere else. It al started when i’ve installed a new version of nvidia drivers. I went back to an older version but this did’nt solved the problem. For a rookie like me this is a big problem. Sincereley, Walter

I also use better bravo lights. Berore i usedthe bridge. But the bridge doesn’t start auromticly even though it was in the exe.xml
With better bravo lights no issues at all. Also no ctd’s. Also you can create profiles for different Aircraft.

Hello Julian, i desperate need some help to solve this problem.

I’m not able to execute a flight anymore, flightsim crashes sometimes at starting up or during flight.
Sincereley, Walter

Hi @Matsko4934
did you manage to work out a solution?
I am having similar issue.
Thank you

Please people – the AFC_Bridge software has run automatically since I got the Bravo TQ just before Christmas 2020. If installed properly, it installs the proper file in the Community folder which loads automatically. I have never had to deal with an xml file or any third-party software. I just don’t get why there are so many reported problems?

Hello @Matsko4934 .
Sorry I have been busy all week.

There are a lot of things you can try to resolve CTDs, that would take me too long to explain. First you could try to cleanly full-reinstall an older knowingly stable Nvidia driver again or try again with the most current one. Definitely empty your community folder completely.
Check MSFS Zendesk for troubleshooting guides. You could also open a ticket there if troubleshooting and community solutions fail.
You can also check in the event viewer if there is an error code for MSFS other than 0x5000…

Hi MikePapa4008, the problem seems to be fixed with the link i send you. I was not a problem with AFC Bridge but my Nvidia VGA card drivers where the cause of the ctd’s. I hope that this will work for you :crossed_fingers:
Sincereley, Walter

1 Like

Hello guys, problem solved. Not the AFC Bridge caused the problem but software troubles with Nvidia VGA drivers. I used below solution to fix the problem. Thanks for your input and efforts.
Sincereley, Walter

Thanks for your response. In my case the problem was a corrupt exe.xml after the installation of AFC_bridge. Luckily found and fixed it, I have also posted a new thread in case someone runs into the same problem. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi,
How did you fix the exe.xml after installation of AFC_bridge ?
Thanks

If you found the exe.xml, edit it and check if the path listed for afc_bridge correctly points to the afc_bridge program.

Closed topic as the issue was solved.