Afraid of VATSIM? This is for you!

Will definitely try this out!

1 Like

Awesome initiative! :+1:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

Question how to be brave to start VATSIM experience when my English is not native language… It is not so easy to understand everyone only by listening.

2 Likes

The team will be providing all new pilots with a little script for communication if you are learning :slight_smile:

While you’re correct in your assumptions, you can always disconnect when you need to go do something else, and then reconnect when you come back! As long as you’re not paused, that’s totally allowed. :slight_smile:

There’s a menu item for that now, so all planes have it, including in VR.

Yeah your right, i forgot about that! I don’t know if there is free alternative to Navigraph.

If anyone is interested, VATSTAR (VATSIM training partner) has a “discovery flight” every other Thursday which happens to be tonight. 23:00 Zulu

DISCOVERY FLIGHT! - Giveaway Event -

October 7th, 2021 - 2300z - 0100z

Are you new to VATSIM? Well look no further! Every other Thursday we do a discovery group flight where we help new VATSIM pilots with their pattern work. We will cover radio communications, flight planning, and getting set up on the network. Don’t worry about not knowing what to do or say, we will help you through it.

As extra encouragement to participate, each pilot that makes a radio call will be entered in a drawing for one year of STAR subscription status (or equivalent discount towards their lifetime subscription) with VATSTAR!

Event Agenda:

1. Flight Briefing # 1: Traffic Patterns at an uncontrolled Airport (KAST)

2. Flight Briefing # 2: Traffic Patterns at a controlled Airport (TBD)

Before each flight there will be a briefing. If you are unable to join us in game, you’re still welcome to join us for the briefings. Each briefing is about 20-30 minutes of basic instruction.

Where to meet: Discord - Group Flights voice channel

To join our Discord: http://discord.vatstar.com/

To get Discord set up you can watch this video: https://youtu.be/WbK4ITdrYac

Aircrafts Allowed:

• Fixed wing

• Non-Complex (No retractable gear or controllable pitch propellers)

• Single engine and Piston driven

• Max Gross weight less than 5670kg (12,500lbs) Great candidate: Cessna Skyhawk (C172)!

Before logging into VATSIM, you should be able to fly your aircraft. This includes maintaining manually an altitude, heading, and airspeed and being able to take off and land. Additionally, you must have a good understanding of all avionics that you will be using during the flight. (how to work your transponder, radios, altimiter, heading bug, etc).

VATSTAR staff and helpful members may be available up to an hour prior to the start of the event to assist with technical issues pertaining to connecting to VATSIM.

1 Like

Responding so I can tag this when I get to my PC. Love this idea. Thanks

You can just bookmark posts into your profile that you can access anytime without responding.

Hey thanks. Didn’t realize that

We have announced our first newbie VATSIM event! To book your slot head here VATSIM Newbie Event - Montreal to Toronto - VATSIM Training Program - Real Ops - Simgoodies.app

1 Like

hey, is this still a thing?:slight_smile:

I heard on Discord that it was postponed, but I never got a notice or a reply to the original post. Let us know if you hear anything.

1 Like

Yep it sure is! We have many cool events planned!

1 Like

Our planned event had to be postponed as we couldn’t get the required ATC, they pulled out last minute. We are working on more events and the program is still running :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.