After playing a few hours, FPS drops from 40 to 5FPS

Ai traffic and ground/sea objects use a lot of resources, if you fly Vatsim, may as well switch them off.
However, that is still irrelevant to the CoherentGTDraw degradation over time issue. Good luck finding a way to get that to work :frowning:

Yeah, the AI traffics will be spawned along your flight route.

I assume MSFS doesn’t despawn them. They stay forever and the mainthread which handles them will be affected by those AI planes which grow over time….

Cela semble être une excellente idée - je serais prêt à le permettre - mais je n’ai aucun problème …

That would seem to be a great idea - I’d be up to allowing that - but I dont have any issues …

I have no idea where I should post this issue. I have it since SU9 and already posted it in those threads but I really want Asobo to fix this, so I will post it here as well, as I have seen some similar issues in this thread.
My FPS do not degrade after a few hours, but they degrade upon landing at my destination. Doesn’t matter if it was 6 hours or 30 minutes.

Example
Arrived at my destination after roughly 1 hour flight time - 28FPS and stutters

Reloading at the same location with the exact same settings - 40FPS and smooth experience

1 Like

I have this same issue also – Now if you were to take back off after landing, once you pass 10,000 ft or so, the FPS goes back up.

2 Likes

Did I read somewhere that this was being caused by excessive logbook i/o going on? Apparently activating dev mode is a workaround because that stops the logbook entries. Not confirmed this myself, but I certainly see the same as you.

Here’s the thread - Intense, frequent IO operations to kh_logbook.stmp causing bad stuttering - Bug Reports / Install, Performance & Graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Since the last update my fps fluctuates wildly in the same aircraft, conditions and location. I play in VR and I might get 35 fps one minute, then 7 fps (unplayable) the next. I’ve paid over £100 for msfs and right now it is useless, it’s unplayable. Great.

Apparently activating dev mode doesn’t seem to work as you can see in my screenshot.
Thanks for the link.

1 Like

Hoping it’s all related to the poor performance on the ground that’s being investigated.

Flew to Malta last night, had 45fps on descent but then dropped down to 30’s on final - in VR.

1 Like

Something is going on in the background that is causing these FPS drops. Whether AI planes, Log book, Weather etc.

I think for now Asobo should just introduce a reset setting in the options, that allows us to reset everything weather/AI etc from when you first started MSFS and spawned into the game.

I though it was corrected with the NDU trick … it’s not the case :frowning:

Currently on a flight from LSGG to KSFO after 12 hours, the performance are horrible.

I don’t think we have news that microsoft or Asobo is taking this problem seriously ?

Have a nice day …

Edit : this time it ended up with a crash, so happy after 13h of flight to end like that …

FlightSimulator.exe
KERNELBASE.dll
9957e3ca
00000000000f53b2
67cc
01d879d427bf2816
D:\Jeux\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
e9b483bb-ff27-40fc-9f30-71f7e8ec6f0b

I am wondering whats causing this. Especially since I didn’t have this problem during SU8.
The main culprit seems to be Mainthread and Manipulators. I first thought it could be RAM related, but then I realised that there is even less RAM in use after landing than before.
Something really seems to hammer the Mainthread upon landing.

Wondering if they’re doing some low-level convective turbulence calculations that affect approach.

My understanding, from most users’ experience is that the FPS loss is time based, and not situational.

I have flown about 50 hours in Fenix and FBW in the last 3 weeks. From 2h up to 7hours. Didn’t had a single frame drop. Last time i can recall a drop was back in december

4 Likes

Genuinely pleased for you, but this issue absolutely exists for some users. Seemingly without reason or rhyme.

2 Likes

I would only state that i had it in the past and without changing anything it seems not to happen anymore

No. It’s scenery related.

Just completed CYYA to KLGA in the Aerosoft CRJ900. Started out super smooth, no stutters with FlyTampa CYYZ, overcast, rain and lots of thick clouds. Arriving to LGA with a few clouds and my FPS tanks. Becomes full of stutters and jerky performance. I shut down FS, restart at KLGA, same gate, same conditions and it’s super smooth and fluid. This happens on every flight. FPS and performance degradation. System specs: Ryzen9 5900x, RTX3080 10G, 32GB DDR4 3600. Always a disappointing ending to otherwise great flights. This has been an issue with the whole FS series, IMO. It happened in FS9 as well. Not sure about FSX as I was out of flight simming for years.

Here we go again… 5.5 hours into the rotation of EDDL-LGSM-EDDL, right over Serbia, the latency went through the roof and FPS dropped below the basement…

Note that this is on a fresh and clean install of MSFS, after just upgrading to Win 11. DO SOMETHING Asobo!
This is more and more becoming ridiculous!

Specs: i7 8700K @ 4.8Ghz - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus - 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM - AMD RX6800 16GB GPU

2 Likes