After playing a few hours, FPS drops from 40 to 5FPS

I have hoped next update will fix it. Sad to hear it was still not fixed. We have unplayable Sim for longer flights but Asobo does not care. If only we could roll to older versions.

Hey guys, I tried all of the above including other methods discussed with similar issues, AKA, fps drops and all that. The only solution that worked was, don’t plan a departure and arrival airport, for some reason the flight plan messes things up, so all I did was takeoff from a departure airport and left the arrival airport blank and the issue was completely gone. no more sutters no more fps drops. Ive posted this in other threads as well so people are aware of this issue!!

1 Like

So for the FBW it is no issue if you plan only departure. Because the Aircraft syncs the Flightplan with MSFS after you put it in, if you set the option in the flypad

I did a test doing what you said. The FPS drop still occurs beyond 30 mins.

Has the zen desk answered anyone on this problem?

I never plan with the msf2020 planner and still have this issue.

have the sim running for last 7 hrs no issue yet

What FPS do you lock your frame rate at? and at what resolution?

Is that how that setting works? It takes the MCDU flight plan and “sends it back” to the sim so your ATC is (mostly) correct?

I always thought that option was to take whatever plan you created in the MSFS planner and load it into the MCDU for users that don’t utilize Simbrief.

If I’ve had that wrong the whole time, I’m a bit embarrassed.

Exactly that is what it is made for

from 2 days after about 2.5 hours of flight, stuttering and fps trimming did not change anything in the settings what is going on?

1 Like

Same issue started recently with my sim as well. I’m playing with Dx12 because Dx11(even I got more FPS on DX11) crashes in 30-40 seconds. Anyways, My spec;

Intel i5 8600K 4.5 OC
32 Gb Rams
Nvidia 1080

As you can o on cruise my FPS dropped to below 10 FPS and GPU Core and Memory frequency dropped as well.

But when I got into the Menu to close the game GPU core clock and memory clock increases again but same thing happen after I get into game again.

I would like to help to debug the issue if anything is needed.

1 Like

Second message because performance on the menu

I made some flight today and I have the issue again but this time, turning the Live Traffic to Off doesn’t solve the issue. I have to restart the sim to have good performance again. (Thanks to the FSUIPC autosave!).

There is also a weird behavior is that when this happens, I have sizzling when I move the cursor (and it worst when I move the the secondary screen)

here is a video to show (listen) the issue
(while I’m in descent to the Canary Island, so over the sea… not much scenery to load).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VT9QVbyU_hMhFcqm8bgNZS8JaqeXiezv/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

What planes do you fly? The issue seems to be with WASM planes like the FBW A320.

Yes for me this is the FBW A320 in that case.

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/4657/wasm-execute-calculator-code-leaks-memory-and-redu.html

Problem should also affect PMDG DC-6, CRJ, and maybe future PMDG 737 as these use/ will use WASM.

2 Likes

Oh thank you for the link! Glad to hear the issue could be identified!
So I will be patient and restart my flight or use shorter route until it solved.
Thank you very much!

I think we still need to keep reporting this on Zendesk so they finally fix this long standing issue.

1 Like

Welcome to MSFS the still crash to desktop 50% of the time sim