After playing a few hours, FPS drops from 40 to 5FPS

Hi folks!

Interesting find here now. Flew EKCH-ENGM, a 1,2 hour flight… started out on 37FPS (locked 50% of monitor refresh rate), Upon landing my FPS was about 25-30… Then took a flight back to EKCH, without going to main menu… Flight started out on same FPS as landing, but as I arrived back at EKCH, FPS is back up on 37!.. hmmm…???

Freddy

i see nothing strange there, the scenery at ENGM took more to process and/off other
things…be glad it came back, meaning def not a memoryleak.

1 Like

That’s not true. Majority of people do have performance degradation over time since Sim update V, although there are even some users who had issues since the very first launch of Sim.

Performance degradation over time is not caused by Sim Update VIII, Sim Update VIII caused stutters, overall performance degradation and more, but not FPS drop over time.

4 Likes

I got these allways and had no issues so far…

this means that you get the same result as me and these is a dependency to the region, but not a lowering of fps after time x…

FPS drop is a performance degradation. When the sim stops running and FPS rate is 1, I consider that a performance degradation. Wow.

1 Like

Hi again!

Strange thing: Same happens other way around… seems returning to starting point gets FPS back. for me. Also my EKCH (flytampa) scenery is way heavier on performance as the ENGM… Will conduct more testing on long hauls (+4 hours) to see if issue is still present as before.

Freddy

1 Like

Yep, but do not misunderstand this as issue of Sim Update VIII, since it’s mainly Sim Update V issue :wink:

1 Like

Many things went wrong when SU5 was released, sadly.

3 Likes

Absolutely not fixed, attempted a 3h flight from LOWI to ENEV, by the last hour FPS was down to 12. Currently over the mid atlantic with no scenery to load attempting ENBR - KJFK and I’m on 13fps. With a RTX3070 and 32GB RAM. The CPU is at 15% usage and GPU also… ridiculous.

5 Likes

I’m now down to 4fps lmao and the GPU is barely even firing up…

2 Likes

it really doesnt matter what release screwed it up now does it
\

1 Like

I’m actually enroute over the atlantic…approx. 3 hours into the flight…
FPS went down from 60 to around 10 and it’s getting worse.
GPU utilization dropped from 60-80% to around 10% without reason.
I had applied the workaround, but it doesn’t seem to help.

3 Likes

I will retry LOWI to ENEV … you not mentioned the used airplane and may be installed mods…

1 Like

I don’t think that is what was intended.
Everyone realizes this issue.
What he is stating (I believe) is that this did not start with SU8.
It has been around as long as the sim has.
There are numerous posts in here on that.

1 Like

thanks for the interpretation. I never had the problem with fps on long haul flights until after su8. I have over 1500 hours, mostly long haul. Until this is fixed, will be flying ga aircraft. Thanks once again for the interpretation.

1 Like

well, good time to check some values… you have time to open the resource-monitor and check commited memory ( working-set should be your 19gig ).

But also as former mentioned, your situation is per se a bit special. You may run into the “panels popout” issue and you have a extrem high resolution on many monitors.

I still assume it have somewhat to do with the regions… currently I fly LOWI to ENEV and its like that we can see what’s 25000ft below me going on with simple checking the fps :slight_smile:
( but still no leak, fps come allways back to normal )

1 Like

this one is for main intresst :slight_smile:

yep… that I meant with “very high memory consumption in your case”.

Also, a question… can you check whether you have nvidias game-stream enabled ?
( geforce experiance “shield” ) …

hmmm… thanks… I only wondered about the relativ high memory consumption of the process… it is normaly the nvidias overlay and may be is more memory consumption because of high resolution.

As you can see, much lower usage in my case ( 3840x1600 )

this is only one process, there are two or three of them ( sort by name ) :wink:

May be the fps counter have an effect… but whatever, I thing (hope) its not the issue in your case.

if you mean the “landing” , then it may be some what with the airports ( ground vs. in-air ).