After playing a few hours, FPS drops from 40 to 5FPS

Yer it seems like this bug is back worse than ever if it ever did go away in the first place, come 3hrs it’s unplayable really bad fps dropped settings went to window mode nothing made any difference even the sound was breaking up, task manager showed nothing of concern.

5 Likes

All just seems like a money grab now, this has been going on for ages and getting worse.

4 Likes

3 updates have been released since this started happening to me with no fix and no mention of this problem at all. im starting to think this is the end of the road for me and msfs

5 Likes

The new aircraft are simply amazing but I can’t fly them longer than one hour. My fps start at 50+ and end up at 2,8 on short final.

This needs to be fixed once and for all.

5 Likes

exactly !!!

I have been trying for a while to understand what does trigger this severe performance degradation on long-hauls flights and found one issue I can replicate each time: Whenever I fly from Europe to North America, regardless of the destination if it is North-East, I will lose the flight. Today I was unable to reach CYYZ from LPPT, I lost my plane over St-John. I could NEVER reach KORD from ESSA or EHAM or LFPG with any plane.

If I make a flight elsewhere for example from YSSY to VHHH, or like yesterday from LFPO to TFFF, I will complete my flight with no issue at all.

That remark is also valid regardless of the airplane flown (B78X, B748, A330-900).

I tried switching off online services to no avail, the plane becomes unflyiable.

Could anybody else confirm or infirm this please?

My PC cannot be the cause: i9 12900K, 3090 24GB, 64 GB RAM

I will make my next flight from CYYZ to SCEL with the 78X and shall report my findings in case they confirm this or not, but I would welcome any input.
Thank you.

Yes i have exactly the same issue if i fly from Europe to North America. The fps are going very bad and then the sim crashes at some point.

If i do flights on one continent, for example only in Europe it works fine.

Have you tried those flights in less complex aircraft, and I exclude the TBM here as well?

i get that same cracking sound also

1 Like

I don’t seem to have that issue. I think the problem is that the sim has to juggle complex systems.

Anyone else get the mouse curser not displaying properly, for example when hovering over a switch that has more than two positions and it normally shows like an up and down, or on a rotary knob when it shows which way it is going to spin if you click? Sorry poor description, hopefully you know what I mean.

Yup. Appeared to go away until latest update. Now its back and worse than ever. 2 hour flights and the game is unplayable.

4 Likes

I’ve notice this happen when I do something like pause the sim from the dev mode menu. After unpausing I have to pull up something from the toolbar like weather for example. Once I close that out my cursor returns to normal.

1 Like

The problem wont happen to me if i fly South America (Colombia / Ecuador) while it happen if i fly from Rome Italy to Hamburg Germany for example (ive heard other ppl have it too when starting a flight from Europe).

Seams to be a “local” scenery issue / incompatibility to me.

Had a 4 hour flight into Dubai. Worst FPS ever while landing. Literally a slide show.

I was on a long flight from Paris to Hong Kong, but after about 4 hours there was a serious FPS drop , Normally, there is no problem with play, but this phenomenon occurs when flying a route that exceeds 4 hours. I am using a 3070Ti CPU 5950X

Is there still no way to solve this fatal phenomenon?

https://youtube.com/shorts/-dtE7P-6U5E?feature=share

4 Likes

Also noticed this come back with the latest update. Horrendous FPS degradation over a few hours in the same flight.

1 Like

You don’t mention what plane were you using. Anyway, there’s no workaround.

That’s PMDG 737 NG3

lucky you, when i start from Europe it start degrading after about 45-60 minutes. I mostly use the same addon plane but also addon scenery (airports). No Problems when flying in South America but guess what… yes i also have addon airports installed there. :joy:

1 Like