After playing a few hours, FPS drops from 40 to 5FPS

just completed my 3rd flight after re-installing the game onto a dedicated SSD. 3 hour flight from SFO to Cabo the FPS never dropped below 35 and averaged 42. I think mine is finally fixed. :crossed_fingers:

You canā€™t ā€œfix itā€ by reinstalling MSFS or changing your hardware IF this is a memory leak, you just got lucky it didnā€™t get triggered.

2 Likes

Really says it all : #1 all time Post with Most Views

The question really is ā€“ why is this not seem (to the Community) that Asobo is making this the TOP Priority to FIX ?

4 Likes

just trying to helpā€¦ 4 flights in now with no FPS degradation after having it after every single flight over 3 hours. Iā€™m just posting what worked for me to see if it will maybe help othersā€¦ you can try it or just keep cryingā€¦ dont really care lol

#2 is also related to performance:

(lol I cheated there, but you get the point. The most viewed post of all time does actually regard performance though)

This bug is driving me more and more crazy. Appeared to me after SU9, no issues before.

I canā€™t even fly down to the Canary Islands anymore, without ending up in a slide-show. It always happens after 4 hours for me, regardless of the plane or route flying.
Latest: PMDG 737 - EHRD-GCLP, departed with 55FPS, landed at GCLP with 10FPS after 4h38m. Extreme degradation took place, right about the 4 hour mark.

Sim is constantly ā€œLimited by MainThreadā€ from the start, although CPU usage is at less than 50%, with no core maxing out. GPU is bored at 40% as well. However the above message comes rightaway and the sim isnā€™t using itā€™s potential, to reach the locked 60FPS.

i7 8700K @4.8Ghz - 32GB 3200mhz Memory - AMD RX6800
MSFS running on a 1TB Sata SSD.

Cā€™mon Asoboā€¦finally do something to help usā€¦otherwise I might need to install P3D and XP againā€¦

1 Like

Unfortunately, during return flight KJFK to Europe above Ocean with clean sky after 4-5h I got slide show with fps drop down to 3-15.

My pagefile increaed to 7GB (I have 32GBRAM) and RTX3080 is in use 20%.
When I switch ECS to Menu I have 40fps and smooth (GPU in use then 80-90%), after back to cockpit again degrading to few fps.

Maybe I should upgrade RAM to f.e. 48-64GB and then turn off the page file?

Or there is no solution for this bug right now?

So after the how many fps is fast discussion in another thread, I decided to revert back to 1080 from 4k. Removed the 55ā€™ TV, installed the 32" msi optix monitor, reset settings (turn off HDR change res etc.). Fired up the sim and was getting 35fps constant last night.

Get up this morning, launch the sim, 12 fps from a cold start, roll down the runway it increased to 20 fps and then started to flip flop back and forth from 12 to 32, mainly staying on the low end of that range. So right now the sim runs worse in 1080 then it does in 4k.

Checked network and its actually running a little cleaner today then yesterday, double checked my settings again, and again, and again. And each and everytime the same thing. Ran benchmarks on the card all checks out fine as usual. No logical excuse for this whatsoever IMHO.

On the lighter side that other sim had another update on the sky conditions (but still not even a beta to show), but I guess at least weā€™re getting that much closer to the release XXXX

In short lack of consistency (for the good) at least, its getting consistently (and this su was supposed to increase perfomance) worse thats for sure.

I want my kids money backā€¦

2 Likes

I have been experiencing this issue constantly along with audio stuttering after 3-4 hours in flight. Iā€™m running a 3060TI and am getting a lot of the same issues. Tried almost everything in this thread that is now over a year old at this point.

Has the developers even come out and publicly stated that they are working on a fix and know the exact issue? This is very frustrating as someone whom enjoys this flight simā€¦

1 Like

It seems PMDG knows the reason for the drop.

Gents,

Blockzitat Just to add some quick input here:
We have been running some testing on the sim platform using comparative analysis tools to try and disprove to ourselves that any of this perceived memory usage is related to PMDG.
We are about 75% of the way through the testing process and are nearly certain that the problem is indeed the platform post SU9- but we want to finish the work before we declare that with certainty.
We will, of course, pass our results back to Asobo through our own direct channels when done- in hopes that it helps them to find/fix the issue on their side.Stay tuned. We will let you know what our results show.

11 Likes

Letā€™s hope, that this helps them to nail down the issueā€¦For me it was almost certain from the first time I experienced it, that itā€™s the sim on post-SU9, since Iā€™ve never had any issue on 4+ hour flights before SU9.

3 Likes

There are a ton of people that had this problem pre su9 including myself. I seem to remember in one of the Q/Aā€™s they said they were aware of the problem, they just couldnt reproduce it.

3 Likes

Next idea: first startup msfs at venice mode w/o community, then restart with community content.

And repeat the procedure every time before.

First flight was smooth, well see next one tomorrow.

We will survive it!!! :slight_smile:

its horrible ive been trying to do one flight from miami to vancouver but i can only get maybe halfway around the 3 hour mark frames drop from 55 to single digits. i dont know what else to do . i saw a comment that said that upgrading to windows 11 fixed it for him

same here . ive tried everything . i heard that Asobo tried to duplicate the problem to figure it out and couldnt so i heard theyre done with it so we might be screwed for good

Where did you hear that ?

i saw a youtube video that said Asobo tried to replicate our problem a bunch of times and couldnt which is so strange to me but it also says that if they cant duplicate the problem they cant fix what they cant see so theyre just gonna move on from it

Then I am Gobsmacked !! :uk:

Only just one to fps,

i see from su8??? some strange thing, i have long time good 50fps but stutters are very vissible. Really something bad here, if i have 50fps i expect smooth feeling like butter, no here. I think they did some optimization to not abuse server so much to have not so much disconnections. In this case i can say not optimization with positive effect. Simply it looks to me like exact intervention, sometimes as sim day one Vatsim bug with stutter delay.

Iā€™m guessing this wasnā€™t an official channel?