After playing a few hours, FPS drops from 40 to 5FPS

Hello. I’am new here and not familiar with english langage.
I have the same problem since I think yersterday. Flight began with 60 FPS and, after a slow decrease, two hours after it falls to 9-10 FSP, I hear sound “sizzles” specially when i switch between instruments in the cockpit, and CTD…
I use the FBW A32nx, real whether et no cache file.
GTX 3090 with latest Nvidia drivers.
I don’t undestand. No update since 18//11/2021 I think ?
I see I’m not alone. :confounded:

1 Like

I’ve experiencd the same issue but only since yesterday (January 1st, 2022): I was in a group flight with a few other people and we all started hearing popping noises and other audio disturbances about 90 min into the flight, along with a decline with FPS performance. Audio would be distorted particularly when switching views or perspective.
Same issue today on a solo flight, problems started about 2h into the flight. I switched from real weather to a preset, it didn’t change anything. When I start a new flight after a long flight, I have the audio and performance problem s from the very beginning.After re-launching the sim, it’s okay for a while.
I don’t think it’s something in my system because yesterday, people in my flight group (from all over the world) noticed it pretty much at the same time.
Never had a problem like that before yesterday.

I had this same issue yesterday. I’ve never had any issues with frames since the release of the game. I was flying ESSA - GCTS on the Development version of FBW A32NX, and around 4.5 hours into the flight the frames took a ridiculous hit. I was flying on VATSIM, but have been doing so the last few weeks and have had no issues until yesterday. I was probably getting around 5-10 FPS compared to the 35+ I usually get, and changing the view or panning made it worse.

I’m still cynical about the 2 recent updates after the holiday update. Not sure, but I think one was some nth christmas day and the other one on the new year’s eve or the day before. Not sure. Didn’t find any changelogs on 1st search. Anyone knows something about those? Windows Store version.

I’m having this problem. Bad sound with popping noises and very bad performance…

I haven’t had any update since mi-november. Windows Store version also.
My version is 1.21.13.0.
I have missed something ?

I can’t believe this post hasn’t caught the attention to Asobo. The fps drop literally makes the sim UNPLAYABLE. Fix this asap

1 Like

These weren’t in-game content updates. I noticed that the MSFS/store installer popped up and ran for 1-2 seconds when launching the game. Would be easy to miss. Usually they publish changelogs for those types of quick technical hotfixes.

Thank you. I haven’t seen anything, and my version is still 1.21.13.0.
My Xbox App diden’t see any update.

I’ve been experiencing this issue since yesterday morning. I can get through about 90 minutes to two hours in the Airbus before crackling audio and stuttering begins. It then gets progressively worse to the point of unplayable. Have had the game about a month and been absolutely fine until now.

I had the same problem today after a 1.5 hour flight, the frame rate suddenly started dropping from 50 to 10-5 and CTD during the approach phase. There was something a few days before, but assumed it was because of a new heavy scenario (LOWW). In addition, I noticed that the RTX-3080 graphics card processor worked only with 20-30% load and did not want to accelerate in any possible graphics modes. This is the first time I’ve noticed this.

1 Like

Due to the timing of this blowing up I’d suggest wiping your pc-s that were on the network and wait it out if you have something to lose. :slight_smile: At least I’m considering doing this.

There have been no recent updates. Updates and or hotfixes are scheduled and announced.

Your GPU gets limited to 30% because the sim goes limited by MainThread. It also happens to me since few days. I wonder if it has something to do with live wx not working

Yes, I was implying something else here. Like a security breach or a wild party at Asobo :slight_smile: to be explicit.

Yep, I first noticed this on January 1st. I have to save the flight and restart the sim every two hours. After each restart the FPS goes back to 80 and gradually lowers to 20-ish after 3 hours and to 5-10 (with drops in sound) after 4 hours. I also haven’t noticed any updates, but something must have happened.

Because of the many more persons which are now experience this bug, I think it’s a server side error or at least triggered there.

That’s the exact same issue I am having. Still wondering why now it’s happening.

It is possible to save a flight in progress and to resume it after restart of the sim ?

I can tell you that i checked (and still flying) the MSFS in SAVE Mode and don’t have an CDT or freezing screen anymore. Before it happend twice after around 90 minutes. I think it has to be an addon! Don’t know exactly but we should find the offender maybe in our community folder! I’m still flying in Save Mode with AITrack, opentrack 2.3.13, Pilot2ATC, GA Panel with the Pexisoft Connector and FSUIPC7 on. This because this are not packages in the community Folder. After 2 hours of Flight i turned on now also the Ehanced Live Traffic Mod - because I suspected this app as the offenderer. But it’s also a app which is only connectet via the SIMConnect. I have also 2 additional screens with old 8’’ tablets via spacedesk running. All that seems no problem in Save Mode. Maybee that description helps to find the Problem for all of us! Active flight durance now 2:30 hours… and always around 50fps

Update: After more than 3 hours of playing i can produce the sound stuttering when I’m opening an Browser like Chrome or surfing in the web beside playing. But in SAVE MODE the MSFS don’t make a CDT or freezing. It still works only the stuttering of the sound starts when i do something in the browser!