After playing a few hours, FPS drops from 40 to 5FPS

Not even once here. I think there are certain scenarios that may cause it to manifest, at the very least, and I’m fortunate not to do whatever that is.

I don’t think it’s location related, I have it all around the world, also I have a very high end system and performance goes from 60 70fps on takeoff to a stuttery mess and almost standstill in some situations 100% of long flights, I’ve even had it in JF’s Arrow

2 Likes

In the dev QA they mentioned they don’t have any system that can reproduce the issue 100% of the time, and they would love to because it would make it much easier to find out what’s wrong, I can every single long haulf flight, no expections, I’m not sure if that’s possible but if there is any way I can help to debug this, feel free to contact me and I’ll go through any set of tests that are needed to gather information, feel free to contact me and we can set something up @MSFSCommunityTeam

1 Like

But they did acknowledge they were able to reproduce it some of the time? Hey that’s a big step forward that they are aware of it and can reproduce it.

You’re not really helping us here mate :slight_smile:
This is an issue i had on another cleanly installed system, have been troubleshooting this for a year.
This topic is about our problem, why would you down play it here when you’re not experiencing it yourself?

3 Likes

Don’t know if this will help anyone some things to try that haven’t seen mentioned elsewhere is a main part to the video and some smaller changes one regarding memory this may help some.

So for any of you who have this long haul issue, please document it – record it, with a FPS counter, so Asobo can see it. They haven’t replicated the issue according to today’s Dev Q&A

3 Likes

There are literally dozens of those on this thread alone

Dev mode FPS counter is best, shows more detailed info about the sim.

Just repeating what they said… they need “proof” and asked people to submit it.

IMO they haven’t replicated it because they test vanilla vanilla using the latest drivers on stable machines without Vatsim, Navigraph, 3rd party controllers, Addon linker, Capture 1 or any other non Microsoft apps or mods installed (except for specific circumstances) and that includes such curiosities as yoke drivers installed from a ten year old installation CD.

At least with CTDs they get a crash code but not for this, in short only those affected have the information that Asobo needs to help find and fix the problem.

Update or fresh install from an iso image? There’s a big difference because with just an update those dll’s will still be on your system. Native Windows 11 uses modified exe data.

I’ve heard two different things in the last several posts:

1. “Asobo can’t reproduce the issue”
  2. “Asobo can’t reproduce the issue 100% of the time”

I won’t be able to watch till Friday at the earliest…which one was it out of curiosity? The latter implies they can reproduce it albeit not consistently.

1 Like

Cheers, question out of curiosity guys and girls…how is your recent experience? In my case it is a little bit strange. I do not have any issues now while flying FBW A320 on 4+ hours long flights, but Salty 747 gave me the ride from 45 FPS to 5 FPS almost instantly after 3 hours of flying. Together with the low GPU usage around 10%…Anyone tried the default 747 or 787? It seems to me that the problem might be related to these Salty/Heavy addons at least recently. I tried everything I was able to google to kick up the GPU usage, but no success at all.

I have to be honest, this is the bane of my existence. Why this has not been addresses when this seems like the biggest issue with the game is way beyond me.

5 Likes

Welcome!

Yeah, this one is frustrating for sure. The FMC not reading the constraint heights from the navlog is another biggie, but that discussion is on another thread.

If this is true, there must be Multiple cause of this FPS drop, because it also happens with the C172 Classic (No Wasm), and reloading the plane from the Dev Console does NOT restore the original FPS.

1 Like

I am trying this method. I will keep you guys updated if it works.

1 Like

In the FBW Discord someone recomended this

hmm try setting your settings to ultra
maybe because in ultra msfs doesnt care about resource usage or anything, it just pushes out as many frames as it can

Did not work. The response was so bad, the input lag caused the plane to literally crash.