After SU5 : Blown out highlights caused by excessive Light Adaptation

After SimUpdate 5, I’ve been encountering excessive Light Adaptation and the screen is blown out highlights.
Light Adaptation used to work fine, but now the clouds appear to glow.
In previous versions, clouds close to the sun would appear to glow, but after SU5, even clouds on the opposite side of the sun are glowing.

The following screenshot shows the clouds and blue sky alternating in the same location.

Focus on the clouds.

Focus on the blue sky.

Focus on the clouds.

Focus on the blue sky.

Yes, same here.
This is how it looks like now:

And this is like is suppose to looke like:

When I read this, I remembered an other post a view month ago: Instrument readability / Cockpit too dark - #106 by N6722C

It seems, the eyeadaptation has gone since SU5. Here are two examples, the first picture I took with EyeAdaptation 1 and the second with three lines of EyeAdaptation 0. I can’t see a difference…

That is indeed “GOOD NEWS” … Thank you to whoever fixed that at Asobo :+1:

I don’t think EyeAdaptation is gone, but I don’t think EyeAdaptation can be turned off anymore.

I’ve compared EyeAdaptation 1 and 0, and the same blown out highlights occur in both.

EyeAdaptation 1

Focus on the clouds.

Focus on the blue sky.

Focus on the clouds.

Focus on the blue sky.

EyeAdaptation 0

Focus on the clouds.

Focus on the blue sky.

Focus on the clouds.

Focus on the blue sky.

In the following screenshot, I looked up at the blue sky from the same location with EyeAdaptation 0.
The more you look up, the stronger the glow seems to be.

1 Like

i also see burned / blown out areas due to hight brightness. but not in generals, just towards/near the sun (yes i know this is normal - but this wasnt so excessive pre SU5)