After SU6 My EXE.xml file no longer automatically enables operation of my Honeycomb Bravo LEDs

Prior to SU6 my EXE.xml file automatically ran my AFC_Bridge App to operate the LEDs on my Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant whenever the sim starts up. After SU6 this no longer works and it is now necessary to manually start this App each time the sim is started. What has changed? Are others experiencing this issue?

About 8 hours later the LEDs came back on automatically. I have no idea why unless it was the PC reboot which I may not have done after installing the update.

This morning after sim start the Bravo LEDs did not come on automatically. I had to start the AFC_Bridge App manually. So something about SU6 has broken this operation.

Same here.

I have submitted this issue to zendesk.

No problems here. Did you check the exe.xml that it is still there or wasn’t overwritten?

Hmm…Yes I checked that it was still where it belonged and even replaced it with a copy of my original in case it was corrupted in some way. It just does not work since the update. Could you post a copy of your EXE.xml so I can see if there is something different?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Auto launch external applications on MSFS start</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AFCBridge</Name>
    <Path>X:\Your\Full\Path\AFC_Bridge\bin\AFC_Bridge.exe</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>SPAD</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files\SPAD.neXt\SPAD.neXt.exe</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Can also try uninstalling the aerosoft honeycomb program from the control and reinstalling from a fresh download. But then definitely check the xml, I’ve seen a few posts where that file was missing information for some reason.

Or post yours and we can check for a typo or something just formatted wrong.

Mine has never worked, even with re-installing. I have to manually double click the .exe in the BIN folder.

This is my current EXE.xml patterned closely after yours except for the section to start FSUIPC7 instead of SPAD. FSUIPC autostarts as expected but the AFC_Bridge application does not.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
<Descr>Auto launch external applications on MSFS start</Descr>
<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>AFCBridge</Name>
    <Path>C:\Users\harve\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCach 

e\Packages\Community\AFC_Bridge\bin\AFC_Bridge.exe
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>FalseFalseFSUIPC7C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe-autoFalse</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

This is very strange because a shortcut with the identical path to the AFC_Bridge application reliably starts it manually.

Nope, the formatting is wrong, unless thats just from this form messing it up. Does yours have the

<Name></Name>     </Disabled></Disabled>  edit, yeah this form doesn't like <> in the lines lol

etc. After you copy and paste go in front of each line and put 4 spaces, this will put the text in a grey “code box”

from mine:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AFCBridge</Name>
    <Path>X:\Your\Full\Path\AFC_Bridge\bin\AFC_Bridge.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

If it is correct, maybe some permissions issue? You could try moving it out of the community folder and see what happens. Cause you say FSUIPC works, but its not in the community folder…

Copying from notepad++ seems to work better on this form. I simply put my path where yours was and added the FSUIPC7 section from the backup EXE that was created when the AFC_Bridge was installed. Not sure but I Think the AFC Bridge files need to be in the community folder and that worked prior to SU6. I am wondering if the path length now has something to do with this issue.

The afc bridge does not need to be there. Mines not. Thats why I was wondering about permissions thing to run an exe in that folder

That is interesting where did you put yours?? I can run it manually where it is without admin privilege but who knows what happened in SU6 as far as the EXE file.

Oh I’ve got all my addons on a seperate drive, then use an addon linker for that. But the AFC_Bridge isn’t linked back to the community folder.

D:\MSFS Addons\Other\AFC_Bridge\bin\AFC_Bridge.exe

Try coping the AFC_Bridge folder to your desktop, or C:\AFC_Bridge then change the path in the exe.xml to see what happens.

Do you need to remove it from the community folder as well?

Not necessarily, its just a test to see if it works when its somewhere else. Then if it does work, delete it from community folder as you would have it stuck someplace else

Ok I will give that a try.

Oh well that did not work either. However I was able to run it manually from that new location and the LEDs did function.

Here is a link to that EXE file.

well ■■■■…hmmm. I’m not sure then. In theory it should be working, and that file looks correct. This sounds silly, but double check the actual folders and files name for a typo.

Double checked for typos. I did notice that the name in the name line was not the same as the folder and file names. However the EXE file still did not work when the name was changed to “AFC_Bridge” in place of “AFCBridge”.
Thanks very much for your time and thoughts. I will just start the application manually until a fix is found.

Well it turns out that the EXE.xml file is now and probably was working after SU6. But it appears that when the AFC_Bridge application is run by the EXE.xml file it no longer shows up as a background application in task manager as it does when it is run manually. I am pretty sure it did prior to SU6 because I would always check task manager to be sure the LEDs would work prior to loading up a flight. When it did not show up in task manager after SU6 I would manually start the AFC_Bridge application wrongly assuming that the EXE.xml file was no longer working. Out of frustration this morning I just went ahead and began a flight and was surprised to see the LEDs come on. How confusing!!