Spikes on Terrain and and Mesh Problems - Global

The active community of MSFS2020 is very small. Not much over 5% of all steam version owners have even completed the 50h flight achievement.
What does that tell you?
Most people who bought this sim are not very active (anymore?).
No surprise with this buggy mess.

3 Likes

You are wrong here. For a lot of people the logbook doesn’t record anything. Mine is useless since September, but I don’t care about the logs anyway.

2 Likes

Agreed, I’ve accomplished tons of the activities it’s supposed to be tracking, and a lot of them aren’t registering having been accomplished. Like landing on a windy day for instance, tons of days where I’ve landed with wind over 5 knots, it hasn’t registered any of them.

It doesn’t track touch and goes as landings, and most of the time it doesn’t even track my full stop landings, or takeoffs. If I set up a flight plan to an airport, then stay in the game and fly back, it only records the data from the return flight in the logbook, even though I got the ending screen when I landed at the destination airport.

Thank you for demonstrating what kind of person you are by showing off others’ misfortune as “a wonderful and amusing Xmas present” and claiming “no need to change anything”, while you knew very well that almost all people here are unsatisfied as paid customers who cannot enjoy their hard earned holiday game.

6 Likes

This LEZG is from Airhispania, much improved in details in comparison with their FSX - X-plane versions took some time to detect the Ebro horror because I was flying over the airport.

the same issue has been locally problematic in the Japanese update. Here is the picture I posted on October 31. Now this bump everywhere looks very similar

Coordinates? What about teh whole world! Dont you guys test the sim before you realease the updates?

4 Likes

Is it possible to know the position of Asobo about such a bug, because i have submited a ticket in the first hours about this and still have no news!

These are not DEM issues. They must be caused by a specific feature, or features, that render incorrectly when seen in the distance. Should be an easy fix?

3 Likes

They are everywhere… horrible…

Asobo !!! Do something !!! and this fast .
Here LOWS Salzburg - Direction Runway 33 .
You promise us all an big Christmas Present . And now everywhere i fly i see these Spikes . What is your Problem. Why you destroy this Sim again and again with new Bugs. Why we as Customers becomes no official Statement about this Problem ? Remember we all PAY for this Game .
Hello Technicians do you read the Posts here ?

1. Problem - FPS , Stuttering and all together Performance Problems .
  2. Since 22.Dez Spikes all over the World .
  3. The Clouds looks since beginning of the Sim like vulcanic Ashes .

The Sim is at the Moment not Playable .

Please reset your priorities . Do not put your work in nice Buildings etc. SOLVE THE MAIN PROBLEMS FIRST !!!

11 Likes

Do we also get a response by Microsoft or Asobo regarding this issue? Because this is really spoiling the initial Wow-factor effect we all encountered…I really hope this will be sorted, the illussion of reality adds to the experience of immersion, glitches and mistakes render the sim worthless. I vote for a hotfix and wish you well.

Cheers, Marc

2 Likes

because a lot of pilots see this issue as it is:
not the end of the fu** world and absolutly no reason to let the developers work at christmas

1 Like

The only respones I saw so far was here in the thread yesterday:

And the Answer I got from Zendesk:

But there’s no mention under “known issues”.

I just wonder… is anyone there testing as they promised?

At least they have acknowledged there is an issue, and there will be a fix… sometimes.

1 Like

Answer them: “multiple locations, see this topic” :laughing:

1 Like

I am not sure if you are aware that asobo is a well established 200+ manpower strong game dev company. So by no means a small or new dev studio. They should have quality control etc. figured out.

1 Like

I think quality control needs update up until now nearly every update gave new problems, how
could they mis this?

2 Likes

Okay, I‘ll take screenshots and coordinates when I encounter them. But I‘m still a bit surprised that those spikes have to be removed manually. I encountered them on every flight since the latest update and as this thread shows they seem to be everywhere. Looks like a never-ending task to me. Can‘t they just find the cause of the bug and then solve it on a global scale? I‘m no programmer but it seems a bit weird to me.

1 Like

I’m sure it will be a global fix or some sort of automated process they need to apply to terrain/map data. But the more data points they’ve got the easier it is to find what went wrong in the first place. Plus to check they’ve fixed it (hopefully)

1 Like