AI Control Aircraft - AI Pilot is broken, no longer works as expect

it didn’t work for me, using the neo or any other type of plane…then again, perfect to me is not having the plane having to keep correcting itself because it can’t stay on the path

Well, after all is time, I have to conclude that this thing is a lot more complicated to fix than we assumed.

Please keep posts constructive in assisting of reporting issues. Supply constructive feedback.

how do you figure?

Not sure how to be constructive when being ignored.

3 Likes

Like i said in my above post…it only works for me if i pick the ils runway not the star…approaches.

Only works in the a320 other aircraft doesnt work for me…Just completed a full copilot flight from gate to gate flying at high altitude flight plan from sydney to brisbane.

1 Like

Auto-pilot doesn’t work for me on xbox. The planes taxi and take off as expected, but they don’t follow their proper flight course and they crash.

Add me to the list. Both Autopilot and AI pilot don’t work. So far, this is what I have been able to diagnose/deduce:

1. It does it without Air Manager which I have been using so that’s not it
  2. AP definitely goes crazy and I believe it may have something to do with the mouse? I know we have all heard of leaving the mouse cursor in the ATC window when you lose all control. I wonder if AP is going through the same syndrome. My problem is every time I notice it, and move my mouse to another screen, it’s too late. So, perhaps the mouse cursor placement has nothing to do it after all? I can definitely manually recover if I move the mouse away but by that stage the trim is sitting at 85% or something. My fingers feel like hamsters on that wheel trying to recover
  3. First time trying AI on an ILS approach and I am sitting there going, what are you doing? The altitude kept dropping (past the pattern entry altitude), it decides to go into a nice 15 degree bank, the turn came and went and it just spiraled into the ground. I didn’t know if I should laugh or what. Having said that, AI did recover from AP stalls (I thought the end was near, lol)
  4. The trim was sitting at 85% due to AP trying to maintain altitude while the throttle and controls are frozen or something

Cessna 172 G1000
Cape Town

Good luck. Hopefully in a few years this thread will be big enough for the devs to notice.

You would think that since it’s been well over a year since this problem started that maybe someone important would comment.

I guess new content to sell more copies is more important than fixing what is already broke and taking care of customers that have already paid out their money.

1 Like

Link to reddit post.
Trying to get a little more exposure for this problem.

Yeah, seems to be a well reported issue. I recently started getting into the AP configurations and found this out. What more secrets (of the wrong kind) exist in this FS? I don’t want to find out.

One thing I have now noticed is that if I keep the VS at 200’, the climb is maintained, and AP has no issues, none. This is on the C172 and at whatever altitude you start from (say 500’ MSL/AGL or 3000’) with G1000 or G530 or standard panel, whatever. I know this plane is capable of a lot more than that. Turning pitot heat, fuel pump does nothing. ATC hates me and keeps telling me to expedite, grr!

I would like to expand on this further.

I really value the we do have accessibility options available to us - like being able to hand over control to the AI. I find it such a useful tool, that I would like to see it updated further and better functioning; I regularly use AI Trim control & Auto Rudder, but I find it’s hit and miss - sometimes it will work, other times not so well. I don’t have all the tools for simulation, so if some updates could be made to improve the current system I would absolutely support that and other requests people have made too.

1 Like

Not saying that it shouldn’t work properly but Most would/should outgrow it I would think and either graduate to flying the plane themselves and/or use AP which is more real life. I am sure the developers have to prioritize their time so if I had a say in it, I would rather have them spend their energy on AP vs AI.

I want it fixed. I’m not a serious simmer intending to ‘outgrow’ the accessibility options. Cheers.

2 Likes

Same.
I like using OnAir plugin and making this more of a ‘game’ vs a sim.

I also like to ‘sim’ as well…

And put the AI on and just site see.

AI worked just fine on release.
They broke it somehow with one of the 1st major updates.

Im sure they can fix it if they paid attention.

1 Like

Has there been any word from the devs on this topic at all?

I’m overjoyed to report that some of the issues in this thread seem to have been fixed with the newest sim update.

• The Fighter Jet now correctly behaves under AI assistant

• Planes in general now seem to be MUCH better at landing (tested with 3 different planes)

There are still some outstanding issues with waypoints:

• If the destination airport is the same or nearby of the departure airport - the AI Assist will request a landing shortly after take off and ignore any GPS waypoints
2 Likes

Although it’s an improvement, there are still a lot of problems that need to be fixed. Let’s hope these get ironed out soon.

1 Like

My fighter jet just hit a mountain.

I did though have several planes, kinda, correctly.

and yes… something wrong with waypoints.

the route the ai is taking is not quite right.

could be sent my jet hit a mountain.