AI Control Aircraft no longer works after 1.9.3.0 patch

I just updated with 1.9.3.0 patch and now the AI Control aircraft is no longer working.

The aircraft takes off OK… sometimes kind of heads in the right direction… sometimes not… and then never lands at the destination airport. WIth the big jets it never even turned towards the destination. WIth the King Air it headed in the general direction … passed 8 miles south of the airport and then descended into a group of trees.

It was working before the update patch.

Anyone else?

SUggestions?

Thanks,… George

9 Likes

Hmph. Sorry to hear that but I have to tell you it NEVER worked for me.

1 Like

And Yes… I did reboot the PC and restart MSFS. Also tried different aircraft.

Having the exact problem since the 1.9.3 upgrade. Can no longer fly to destination via AI. Plane just flies straight forever. Hope MS fixes this quick.

3 Likes

1.9.3.0 patch After this update, the commercial aircraft A320 and Boeing disappeared. What do I do?

Same for many of us… this one really sucks.

Same for me… happened with Cessna 172 and 208.
The other airplanes I have not checked yet. My AI Copilot flies like a blind chicken after departing the airport and flies on… and on… the flight plan is completely ignored. He goes to the height indicated in the navlog but not following the flightplan.

ok glad I am not the only one with this issue. Stopped working after the patch, doesn’t follow waypoints or anything at the moment.

I guess we’ll need lots of coffee to keep awake on long flights with no co-pilot. Please fix this MS!

Exactly the same problems as wxperson1952
It worked perfectly before that last update and now the AI is totally useless. I am still trying this out using Game Pass. I sure am glad I didn’t spend my money yet on the purchase. I can’t believe that nobody from Microsoft or it’s developers don’t get back to us regarding these issues. Are we supposed to blindly wait for an update whenever they decide. Wouldn’t it hurt them to at least let us know that they are aware of it and working on it. Is it just me or does support really ■■■■?
This is so frustrating. I paid $12 to use this program for 30 days. If half that time goes by without a fix then I am getting ripped of.
Maybe I’m missing something or don’t fully understand how the forum works. I just would like an answer.
I know this is not just me, it is a lot of people.

Greg

I think you should repport this to zendesk as I did in my case yesterday.

Bonjour, j’i le même problème avec la version 1.9.3.0 alors qu’avant cela fonctionnait. Le pilote automatique ne fonctionne plus sur aucun avion.

Sadly, it’s true: A.I. control can no longer safely land the plane. I have tested this out on several routes I’ve previously flown totally ‘hands-off’ successfully, including take-off/cruise/approach/landing. In none of them can the A.I., following patch 1.9.3.0., successfully land correctly (on the runway).

This is a major downer for me: I’ve been using MSFS 2020 as a virtual tourism sim, allowing the A.I. to fly me around everywhere. Landing safely is crucial to the experience.

Not bad, Asobo: barely a month out of release and you’ve all but killed this experience for me. I will keep an eye on the forums and see if at some point in the future Asobo fix this.

I guess I’m going to be waiting for a long time. Yet another small avenue of pleasure is closed off to me.

3 Likes

Thanks god, they have fired that incompetent copilot! Hope they will employ a more capable AI copilot in the future!

1 Like

Charlie the A.I. Co-Pilot really can’t fly now. :pensive: He’s been grounded several times in the past, usually for his poor time-keeping, lack of sobriety, poor interpersonal skills, or simple technical incompetence, but this time it’s for real - and, in a strangely ironic twist of fate, it’s not even his fault.

I’ve filed a report to Zendesk. I think he’s got previous with those Zendesk dudes, so we’ll see how that goes.

2 Likes

Yep exact same thing for me. No matter which plane, AI takes off (and not very well), sometimes follows the gps, sometimes not and just flies and flies and flies I guess until it runs out of gas.

Prior to the 1.9.3.0 patch, I was using AI copilot to give me the feel of the sim while I make fps tweaks while I’m waiting for my forever-backordered sidestick to arrive. Sure, it would fly into the side of a mountain or hill if said mountain or hill was in the way on a final turn or always taking off from Nawalak or whatever that place is. I also learned that I probably don’t need to lower the flaps 11 miles out while flying a bush plane. AI did weird things but prior to this it did take off and land pretty well.

Interestingly too, I was using it to show my neighbor who is looking to retire in Maine. AI would take off and land at various airports and he got a great view of what an area looked like. Once my sidestick comes in then I can do whatever but in the meantime, AI copilot did OK up until now.

1 Like

The funniest part of this is that some people think this is the Autopilot :joy:

2 Likes

Same problem since 1.9.3.0.

The AI no longer follows the navigation line, Just flying straight till nowhere.

2 Likes

Yep - gave Charlie (the A.I. Co-Pilot) a reprieve again today on a short jaunt down the Southern Thai peninsular (apparently the coastal views are marvelous and it was a splendid morning).

Charlie is definitely not fit for duty. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: He can just about manage a barely passable take-off and can point the plane in vaguely the right direction. He even gets up to a safe altitude, but he just can’t work out how to follow the GPS once there.

So I relieved Charlie of his duties there and then on the flight deck, activated the actual AutoPilot and Nav and the plane corrected itself to follow the GPS. But I had to land the plane myself, as Charlie is now completely incapable of doing so, even after an intervention to correct his unprofessional behaviour.

I know Zendesk received my report, so I’m hoping they are looking into the matter. We didn’t say a word to each other all the way into Phuket. 30 mins I don’t care to re-live again any time soon.

You are nicer than me… I sent him/her out of the plane at 10K feet :slight_smile:

1 Like