AI Copilot stops managing comms even when activated

Really annoying issue. If you manually select one option from the ATC menu (e.g. manually selecting “Request taxi IFR”) from here the AI will never work, letting me to manually handle the comms for all the flight. Do you have this issue too? Do you have any work around?

Thank you!

Not really… When I have the AI Copilot to handle ATC turned on, and I manually select an option from the ATC menu. The announcements are made and any responses from ATC, my copilot will answer.

I do this all the time. Because on landing, the Copilot will not automatically request taxi to the gate/parking. So whenever they get handover to ground, they just confirm the frequency change and that’s it. So I had to open the ATC menu, and choose the Taxi to the gate, and my copilot will make the request and responds appropriately.

This will happen if you turn it off in mid command,
or if you let it call for pushback, and then don’t use it to stop the pushback.
Is this what happened to you?

and then don’t use it to stop the pushback

Do you mean stopping the pushback by myself? It could be this, i have to try it again. I tend to avoid Game pushback since it is pretty buggy, but each time i “forget” the AI on, and he/it suddenly calls for the pushback.

Yes, and if he doesn’t stop it, that is the problem.

I usually handle ATC manually until I finish pushback, then I turn on the AI comms when I want my copilot to start asking for Taxi clearance.

2 Likes

I have to remember that!

Ha!, ha!
That is exactly what I do too!! :grin:
I can’t stand it when I forget to turn it off, and I hit the battery switch!

Yes … AI co-pilot Charlie has always been a bit temperamental. I did have that issue but only once and not since.

One odd thing I do find is that after landing (with Charlie handling the comms), after being asked to contact ground, Charlie decides his/her job is done and refuses to talk on the radio any more. I usually have to contact ground and request taxi to parking myself. Doesn’t happen every time, but often.

For the life of me, I can’t figure out exactly what triggers this … tried stopping after exiting the runway, tried keeping rolling, and can’t find a pattern.

That always happen. Because after landing the AI copilot can’t make the decision whether you want to taxi to the gate or depart straightaway. Then there’s the variety between airports that have both gates and parking and the AI can’t make the decision for you on which ones you want.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.