AI Real Traffic OK

Time to stop watching this topic!

Live Traffic seems a bit better. Slowly but surely. Noticing better line ups and taxiing etc
Do planes still take off, climb to 500 ft and level off, cutting across airport and city flying into mountainsides? Haven’t noticed that yet lol!

Actually it is more like having live weather with a 20 minute delay of snow cover - which is complete acceptable. I don’t know about you, but when I am flying in MSFS I have no idea what is happening in the real world with specific flights. Why would I care if a MSFS AI aircraft is landing 20 minutes after it did IRL?

There are plenty of issues with the AI behavior that I would love to have fixed. The fact that they may be flying a few minutes behind their real-life counterparts is not in my top 50 issues

That delay doesn’t even register on my list of issues with traffic. Like not at all. It’s meaningless. The exact timing of AI traffic relative to real world counterparts has zero impact. What matters is how much traffic we have, and how it behaves.

4 Likes

Does it include GA traffic? In previous versions the smaller airports were very quiet. Would love to see some small planes in the pattern!

1 Like

KATL has problem with the runways. Don’t know if this is your issue, but KATL with AIG was found to stack up planes instead of taking off on a couple of the runways in the past because of nodes in the wrong/unneeded places.

We have been told why the weather is delayed, it simply takes a lot of time to crunch pixels for every single cloud on the planet once the new data is available, so they perform the weather updates on a schedule.

The thing about plane schedules is that almost all of it is known well in advance. It doesn’t make sense to me that it takes a flight sim 30 minutes to calculate a low res jpeg getting from A to B. And the software is not waiting for new data like weather is. And why doesn’t the sim simply adjust the position of the aircraft if it is 30 minutes behind (unlike weather where it is automatically behind by design). Or if the planes are 30 minutes behind, why not start each flight 30 minutes earlier? I’m actually laughing at my questions because I’m not a flight sim programmer, just an ignorant message board poster.
And of course I don’t think this is going to matter to 99% of the community. But this community does have a lot of investigative problem solvers here (cause/effect of years of MS flight sims???) and it’s interesting to think about what the software challenge really is.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.