Ai Traffic Needs Fixing Wishlist Thread

Two days ago I gave it a try in Miami Intl, in real time and all the planes coming and going were asobo generic piston single engine or twin engine labeled as AAL or as other airlines. Not a single generic twin jet.
Apart from this, the generic aircraft are a pityful representation of the reality.
How I miss the models in UT2!

1 Like

I will go through the thread and add any items to the first post and see if things can be worded better.

Hopefully the thread can keep getting votes to ensure it stays in the awareness of the devs.

1 Like

Lets get her done :slight_smile: The ai traffic progress or unprogressā€¦
BobM.

1 Like

Once the Live Traffic is working as it should, I think it would be good to fix the gate codes, so they can be filled with static planes with a corresponding livery.
If we set the ground traffic to zero, the airports appear almost desertic because aircraft turn their transponder off while stopped on the ground.
To overcome this, the gates could be filled with static planes always taking into consideration the area where the airport is and thus not showing a Delta 737 in Toulouse. I think this can only be done from the ASOBO side.
Right now I think the Live traffic is working reasonably well. The only thing we need are good AI liveries with low CPU consumption and this appears to be under consideration at the moment.
Happy and safe new year to all.

1 Like

Brief description of the issue:
This morning I was number 20 at Dulles (KIAD) and I sat in line for an hour. This evening Iā€™m encountering another long line trying to depart KSFO. In both cases, only one runway was in operation which exacerbated the problem as arrivals donā€™t clear the runway fast enough. Meanwhile, departures take too long to get moving. Whatever got changed to limit airports to one runway needs to be reverted. I had to add fuel twice at Dulles, just to stay above my minimum take off requirements.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

2 Likes

AI traffic will log onto center always say desending to 10000 even though it is only halfway to destination.

Hi all!
Please use the #bugs-and-issues subcategories when reporting bugs/issues. Keep the wishlist only on changes/features requests in MSFS. Thank you!

Hi everyone,

Iā€™ve been flying mostly to the busy airports, where I need to adjust my speed to not to end up with go around. However, when an aircraft lands before me, it will take too much time for it to vacate the runway. Hence, I end up going around.

I guess this needs to be fixed, the AI traffics wonā€™t just slow down unless they vacate the runway.

I hope we can get an upvote for this topic, cheers!

Iā€™ll vote for this, AI traffic has cost me thousands of dollars in extra virtual fuel costs since FS2002. You would think after a few FS versions, they would get this right.

However, even in the real worldā€¦go arounds occur. There was the famous AA/Southwest battles where AA planes would slow taxi forcing Southwest jets to go around back in the early 80ā€™sā€¦

the ā€œcaution trafficā€ warning never happens anymore during taxiingā€¦Now airport traffic just ignores that a plane is taxiing & drive right through it. I think i saw a bus a few times on a runway as well.It would be so much cooler if they had to give way in some situation for the passing plane,recognizing that there is a plane there.

Itā€™s a really annoying problem that exists since the first days and still there. AI Traffic stops after landing or taxi so slowly that no one can take off or landing for a while. That problem brakes all the real feel we want to have in the sim. Setting AI Traffic Off or passing thru Aircraft ghost is not an answer. We want a real experience not that!

You can quickly obverse this problem at every busy airports. It affects less busy Airports as well even if it wonā€™t be as often.

Build Version: 1.24.5.0

3 Likes

I dont understand so many customers shout out load about this issues in so many different threads and they still dont work on it. They dont even have it on their work listsā€¦

2 Likes

they agree that the current system is useless and has been broken by them in the last updates. They now start to develop a complete new system and this will take quite some time.

4 Likes

That are good news! Atleast they accept our feedback

It certainly is useless. Traffic landing on 27 and taking off on 09 at the same time again this afternoon at EGGD too, annoying to say the least, its looks ridiculous!

feedback is one thing, developing a working new system some other :wink: But I have faith in Asobo and MS to tackle this issue.

2 Likes

I use AIG traffic and for me it seems that one big part of the issue is the atc. The Atc tells the planes to use the runway in opposite directions for arrival and departures. The Atc also tells the traffic to climb to unrealistic altitudes.

1 Like

the most overwhelming thing is that in this issue that is so complex we are now alone and without hopeā€¦ where MSFS puts work into this issue of AI, ATC, takeoffs and landings of all default airports and paid airports would be the best better but as I say we are alone now with so much technology that exists and this topic was more evolved in the past where technology was evolving

1 Like

There is Hope: An update for Enhanced Live Traffic is coming - and that will bring real Live Traffic from FR24 to the Simā€¦ With original routes in the same moment like in FR24 and with the possibility of use from the AIG Liveriesā€¦ When you have installed the right Liveries, then you will see the reality in the simulator :wink:

2 Likes