AIG AI Manager and Traffic Controller for MSFS

Update: Improved AI System, Supported by AIG? - #92 by Kaiii3

5 Likes

So… they got in touch? Awesome!

2 Likes

Glad to here that you were contacted. Hopefully this bears fruit.
Chris

2 Likes

Yeah, I can’t see why Asobo are procrastinating…The sim clearly needs a lot more work in areas other than AI (Hundreds of airports are wrong, either in gates, dethatched air bridges, taxi routes/signs missing/incorrect, just to name 3)

Asobo, leave the complete AI system to AIG, to free up your own resources!

2 Likes

I had today a nice and informative chat with him. I will keep you guys updated, as soon as we have some more information for the public :slight_smile: Enjoy the weekend^^

11 Likes

Glad you got in touch with them. Would be great if you could remind them that there still are some very experienced developers in the community, eager to help:

3 Likes

I just discovered a new world of flight sim with you ! I am so excited with this kind of products and the level of quality is insane ! I am impressed if there is no FPS hit !!!

I am not sure if it was asked before, is there plans to make model matching for VATSIM based on the planes you created ?

Can’t wait for the next updates and screenshots ! :smiley:

2 Likes

Any updates?

notthing big, that would require a extra update :wink:

3 Likes

An update from ASOBO? Perhaps you could tell if there have been any positive communications with ASOBO or how much work is required on their end?

It appears some people have existing models and liveries that AIGAIM OCI users working in MSFS2020 already…

no further update from MS (I had no contact with ASOBO directly yet).
Since we have still no fully clear picture off all bugs/problems of the AI engine I can not tell how much needs actual to be fixed. Each update provided some fixes/impreovements but added new bugs to already working stuff…
WU4 seems to have killed all previous AI setups and users are still recovering from it. Problems like this (no changelog at all) make things very hard since you basically start all over after each update.

Internally at AIG we have started a process to handle this a bit better (but since this has nothing to do with AI Manager and/or OCI at the moment I am not directly involved in this).

Yes there are conversions of models, mostly by individual users for their own personal use. For OCI we need conversions that have been done with the premission of the orignal developer so they can be uplaoded and then downlaoded with AIM during the intallation process. Besides that, converted models for MSFS need to be fully compatible with the current released repaints for it, all this takes time.

The generall impression at the moment is that 3rd party AI (online and offline) is not that high on the prioritylist for MS/ASOBO.

5 Likes

It sucks that Asobo doesn’t see how important AI traffic is to immersion, airports feel dead

8 Likes

I don’t think that’s entirely true… They know how important it is. I think i heard Jorg say it at least once. It’s just that it looks like to me that they want to do it their way.

2 Likes

Jorg says alot of stuff, half of which is to create marketing hype. He has been saying the same stuff for the past 6 months regarding ai traffic. This begs a question, why can’t they atleast introduce the airlines that they already got the permission for the ai traffic? It’s not like every single airline they approached said no to them or are keeping them waiting. What a joke.

What I believe is that they are waiting for DX12. I think Jorg mentioned in one of the recent Q&As that Ai Traffic eats up alot of memory. In the last Q&A Seb mentioned something about 3x memory optimization that’s coming with DX12. You can connect the dots now.

2 Likes

cant agree more. Airport ops are essential for immersion. Having proper ground operations also improves that matter. They really need to address this “issue”

2 Likes

They promise a lot, but deliver little. They should focus on improving what´s already done instead of adding more scenery stuff imo.

2 Likes

The scenery team is entirely different from the other teams my dude. They’re working on all of it at the same time.

Also, adding tons of extra resourcing to one project doesn’t usually make it go faster, especially when they’re working on the same code base.

Be patient and appreciative of what you have so far - they’ll get there.

1 Like

Well, it depends if it’s heavy on the memory. Using a little gray area mod myself for my Vatsim doesn’t really change anything. Obviously the other traffic isn’t fully animated (flaps etc.), but who cares - it’s not that MSFS native AI so far looks any better.

You’re talking About a community that is triggered when the exact number of rivets is wrong

4 Likes

:smiley: that’s a nice level of sarcasm.

I’m guilty of complaining about the bad system-depth myself but I sure AF take anything that sort of makes me think I’m at a running airport